conurus Forum Index conurus
smart adapters and lens mount conversions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where is my lens ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tsukamos

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject: Where is my lens ? Reply with quote

Dear Sir,

I sent my 24-85 lens in February for firmware update. But it failed in AF test before firmware update. I received its information and agreed with your suggestion to send my lens to Contax Japan for repair. I got its confirmation from Conrus that Conrus would send it to Contax Japan on April 4th. But after that, I got no information about it though I requested Conrus 3 times to give me any status information, if Conrus still keep it or when Conrus shipped it out, for example. Of course, no repair cost estimation I received.
What is going on with my lens ? Are all my recent e-mail went to your junk mail box ?

I'm very anxious about may lens so let me know honor explanation. And I hope there would be some better notification system on Conrus status information system.

Best regards,
mwtphoto

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a lens sent to Japan, it took three months for it to be fixed in Japan and am now waiting for it to be reconverted. It is a long process for sure and patience is required.
tsukamos

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 3:41 am    Post subject: Where's my lens ? Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply. It's a big surprise for Contax Japan to fix my lens taking 3 months.
Is there no repair cost estimation from Contax Japan also ? If so, it's also big surprise. In Japanese way, actually I'm native Japanese, it would just a couple of days to give estimation. That's way Japan keeps "Made in Japan" quality.

Anyway I'll wait for its quotaion from you.

Thanks again.
reeray

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to put your mind at rest I have today received notification from Conurus that my 24-85mm which was sent in February for AF failure has now been repaired and ready for shipping.

C$100 cost is very acceptable.

Thanks Bo Ming
mwtphoto

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

$100 is very lucky, mine was $600.
dglow

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my 100mm makro also in japan , spend $600 till now still have not get any reply from Conurus, sent to conurus since April .
Budmaster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 24-85 was delivered to Conurus to repair at 2012-06-05, was sent to Japan and delivered to Contax at 2012-10-03. I have paid $1 065,40 CAD at 2012-10-19. I do not know, where is my lens now, and yes, I have not get any reply from Conurus. Is it normal?
AX-fan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have dealt with Conurus for all of my lenses and have found them to be nothing but expertly proficient at their ability to convert the N lenses into something I can use with joy on my Canons.

What is not their forte is instant replies to queries. I have myself learned to be patient and trust that their work will get done and I will get the lens back in better than original form, i.e. able to work on my Canon instead of the N body.

They are not fly-by-night. They do their work and do a great job of it. Yes it would be marvellous if they could spend all their 'free' time when they aren't converting lenses to talk with us, but then their queue of lenses would only grow and even more people would end up waiting.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    conurus Forum Index -> Lounge All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: