conurus Forum Index conurus
smart adapters and lens mount conversions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

5D MKII updated firmware now 24-85N won't autofocus

Post new topic   Reply to topic    conurus Forum Index -> Contax N to Canon EF Mount Conversion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blackie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:38 pm    Post subject: 5D MKII updated firmware now 24-85N won't autofocus Reply with quote

Bo-Ming,

I've purchased 24-85N from a member here it was working great. Yesterday, i've decided to update the 5D MK II to the latest firmware 2.0.7 and now my lens wont auto focus. Other lens work fine (70-200N), except the 24-85N. Can I downgrade the firmware to the previous version or what's the correct procedure for solving this problem? Is this a common problem when upgrading the camera's firmware?

Thanks!
conurus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 5D mark II is running firmware 2.0.7 too, so I doubt if that is the cause of the malfunction. Please kindly look up your lens in our lens tracking database system and see if it is equipped with a second generation ('06-'08) or a third generation circuit board ('10). Upgrading the circuit board may help. There is a shipping charge but other than that the upgrade is free.

Last edited by conurus on Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
blackie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick reply. I was thinking that it has something to do with the firmware because prior to upgrading the firmware it was working fine. I will check the database and let you know.

Thanks!
blackie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo-Ming,

Here is the link to the lens: http://en.conurus.com/track.php?sn=12698877

Not sure what to make of it. Please look at it and tell me if I need to send it in for service.

Thanks!
conurus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, your circuit board was made in 2007 and we would replace it with our 2010 circuit board. It is very likely that your lens will come back to life after the fix.

Unfortunately we are closed at the moment because we will be out of town pretty soon. If you wouldn't mind holding it off until 09/27 before you send your lens to us for service, that would be greatly appreciated and our apologies for the wait.
blackie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo-Ming,

What's the best way to ship this lens to you? Do you do other adjustments too besides fixing the circuit board? Thanks!
conurus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the wait but I am back! Please ship to us according to the instructions on our shipping page

http://en.conurus.com/ship.html

We may perform other adjustments and repairs, as necessary, if upgrading the circuit board alone doesn't suffice. I would need to take a look at the lens first as this is hard to tell. Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    conurus Forum Index -> Contax N to Canon EF Mount Conversion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: