conurus Forum Index conurus
smart adapters and lens mount conversions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

filter 46mm & 112mm for TAT4/400

Post new topic   Reply to topic    conurus Forum Index -> Contax N to Canon EF Mount Conversion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lam

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 5:23 pm    Post subject: filter 46mm & 112mm for TAT4/400 Reply with quote

Hi All
What kind of 46mm filter does suit for N400? Do I need a thiner or thicker or just normal 46mm filter?
What kind of CPL 46mm do we can use to drop-in filter?
I'm looking for 112mm heliopan UV&protect filter , could you suggest other one? please
regards
Leo

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a normal 46mm filter.

And I am now using Leica 112mm NDx1 (13003) and it has a rubberized edge and you can place you lens upright without scratch the filter ring. It was designed for this way of use. I bought it from KEH long time ago and it cost about USD100.

However, any good reliable branded name filter is OK. Hoya HMC is my favour. Contax filter is actually from Kenko so Kenko is not bad indeed. Tamron and Tokina also have the 112mm UV filter for their own 300mm lenses. They are the excellent choice if you can get them.

Leo
lam

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankyou Leo , that help me alot
guyharrisonphoto

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 8:01 pm    Post subject: Polarizer for 400 f4 Reply with quote

Does anyone know if there is a drop-in polarizer for this lens that can be rotated from the outside (like the Canon and Nikon ones)?

My shooting often benefits from a polarizer but I don't want to invest in a 112mm one!

Thanks,

Guy
Leo

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is no way to rotate the PL filter without remove it from the slot. I still remember Nikon has something to fix this problem named C-PL1L. I don't know if it can fit in N400 or not.

Leo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    conurus Forum Index -> Contax N to Canon EF Mount Conversion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: