conurus Forum Index conurus
smart adapters and lens mount conversions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A few words of encouragement.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    conurus Forum Index -> Contax N to Canon EF Mount Conversion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doctorb

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:40 pm    Post subject: A few words of encouragement. Reply with quote

I recently received four lenses converted by Conurus. That makes eight altogether. Every time I use one of these gems, I remind myself how it was definitely worth the wait.

Remember, when you do finally get yours, you will have a rare collectible and very usable Zeiss lens. While Zeiss is coming out with nice ZE lenses for EOS mount, none have AF, none are zooms, and is is doubtlful that any are superior in IQ compared to like Contax Ns.

So be patient. Its worth it. And do think twice before you ever sell one of these lenses. It is quite likley that they will only appreciate over time in my opinion. (Now having said that....will someone please sell me their converted 85/1.4 ?) Thanks.
jrn813

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Can Only Echo Doc's Words.... Even Though I Have 9 N's
2 Of The 17-35mm, And No 400mm, Yet....
Hey Doc, Maybe That's A Trade, My Converted 85mm For Your 400mm ...
Nah, I Hate To Take Advantage ... lol

John R

conurus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the kind words of encouragement.

I would like to in turn say thank you to my very understanding wife, who has been putting up with this frenzied pursuit of optical nirvana.

Every night I would work until 2am and sometimes even 5am, but she would just patiently wait for me before we go to bed together.

She has been supporting this endeavour in every way she could. I hope this situation would soon come to pass and I could return to normal sleeping hours after all these years, since I am not affecting only my own health, but hers as well.
DJGarcia

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, didn't know you guys got married - congratulations!

Loving my Zeiss on my 1DsIII. I've been spending all my time recoding and updating the content on my web site. I never dreamed getting laid-off would be so much fun!

Happy Holidays!

DJ

http://islbeauty.net
conurus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ,

Thanks! Yes but to a different woman from the one we had lunch with together in our 2008 New York firmware update trip. Shocked

Sorry to hear about your current situation but my best wishes to your current and whatever future endeavours.

Thank you for sharing these gorgeous images on your web site!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    conurus Forum Index -> Contax N to Canon EF Mount Conversion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: