conurus Forum Index conurus
smart adapters and lens mount conversions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Want C645 aperture to remain closed when detach from camera?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    conurus Forum Index -> 645 and 6x6 Medium Format
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wallpaperviking

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:45 am    Post subject: Want C645 aperture to remain closed when detach from camera? Reply with quote

Hi,
I am really hoping that someone on here may be able to help me... I am interested in getting the Nam-1 conversion so that I may use my Contax 645 lenses on my 5DIII.

What I am more interested in though before I take the plunge, is whether either of the following are possible..

* Have the Contax 645 lens with Nam-1 adapter attached to a Canon Eos body and then close the aperture down (say f11) and then press the D.O.F preview button on the camera, whilst the lens is closed down, take off the lens.. Does the aperture on the Contax 645 lens stay at f11?

* Similar as above but instead of it being attached to a Canon body, the Contax 645 and Nam-1 adapter is attached to a Metabones Eos - Nex smart adapter (which would be attached to a Sony A7R in my case) and on the Metabones you have the option of having the aperture closed down to the relevant aperture you have set (lets say f11 again) and then take the Contax 645 lens and Nam-1 off.. Does the aperture remain at f11?

The reason I am asking is that I would really like to use the Contax 645 lenses on either one of these cameras..

http://www.getdpi.com/forum/sony/50536-new-hcam-ts-master-14-24mm.html

and

http://www.getdpi.com/forum/sony/49962-making-compact-technical-camera-a7-a7r.html

both these designs are "dumb" designs and therefore either need a lens with an aperture ring that you can manually set or you need to preset the lens as described above..

Whilst using the Contax 645 lenses on a Eos body is great, in my opinion the real advantage would be to take advantage of their larger image circle for rise/fall, shift, tilt etc etc..

Really look forward to anyone who potentially can or has already tried this..

Ok, thanks so much in advance!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    conurus Forum Index -> 645 and 6x6 Medium Format All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: