conurus Forum Index conurus
smart adapters and lens mount conversions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Waiting over 10 months for my lens to be converted.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Graphic

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Waiting over 10 months for my lens to be converted. Reply with quote

Hi everybody

Is anybody having the same problem with slow conversion time/poor progress reports as I am??

I sent my lens, a Contax 24-85 N lens to Conurus for conversion on the 3rd June 2011. As of now 22/04/2012, I have have not received any info from conurus to suggest completion time or any idea when my lens will be sent back to me. I have sent an email on the 20/04/2012 requesting an update with no reply Sad . I would really appreciate some communication just to give an idea of completion time. Is it too much to ask???

Come on Conurus, live up to your glowing reviews and give me some much needed reassurance of progress.

Paul
divB0

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Turnaround time Reply with quote

Does anyone else have some current figures on turnaround times Question
Graphic

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: turnaround time for conversions Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply divB0.

It would be good to hear what the turn around times are for conversions?

I am starting to think that something is wrong, like my lens may have been lost?? All I want is an email detailing when my lens will be converted. Question
mwtphoto

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you enter your serial number on this link does your lens show up?

http://conurus.com/contax/track-progress
AX-fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will chime in here and say that while it does take a long time, the results are worth it.

Unfortunately there is little we can do about the time it takes for the conversion. I have been monitoring my 3 lenses for the past while and I check on them once a week or so. Recently (in the past week), one of them went into status 'K' which means that it's being worked on.

Add your serial # to the link below in place of the XXXXXX and paste it into your web browser to find out more about the lens.

http://conurus.com/contax/track-progress?sn=XXXXXX

I will also say that Conurus is not BoMing's only job and for a small outfit there's only a limited amount of hours to the day after coming home from work, so I've just chosen to stay quiet and let him do his work as he can. Eventually the lenses will be done.

hang in there, the conversion will happen Smile
conurus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul,

Not every lens is the same and the vast majority of lenses underwent modification without any glitches. However a very small percentage of lenses would run into difficulty (could be the lens' condition, or just bad luck). Unfortunately your lens is one of those and it would require 10 times more work than usual to convert such lenses. The wait time would be considerably longer than average for a lens that is on the problem track.

Let me apologize to you about the long wait. I accepted your order and I am obliged to work for you and no matter what I do not have an excuse for not doing that. Like everyone else, I have only 24 hours per day. That is the sad reality. I do not remember when was the last time I enjoyed any spare time (years ago)? But again that is my own personal problem. It is not an excuse for not serving you. No matter how I say it, it is my own fault alone.

I also apologize for my slack of communication. I realized much of the problem was I failed to notify you that your lens was on the 'problem' track and would take much longer than usual to modify.

I will have some free time at the end of May and will work on everyone who is past the 6 month mark.

(BTW, currently, I am working on hiring and training a team of technicians who will be able to do this modification and speed up the whole process.)

Bo-Ming Tong
Founder

Graphic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Lens on problem track Reply with quote

Hi Bo Ming

Thank you for explaining the situation. I know that you are very busy, but it would have been good to have received an email detailing the problems you have had with my lens. At least now I know what the delay is.

Again, I would like to thank you for explaining the situation and look forward to hearing from you as soon as the problems have been solved.

Kind regards

Paul Smile
zeissman

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 4:26 am    Post subject: looking forward to it Reply with quote

Looking forward to seeing the overall conversion times come down!

What is the current estimate on lens conversion turnaround (assuming no problems)?

How soon do you think you'll be able to have a team converting lenses and how will that reduce the turnaround time do you think?
Shinsei

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When sent to Canada from all over the world, the manpower of conurus will be shortage.
Look for a business partner, and do not become able to modify locally?
For example, it is a company such as pricolage studio NOCTO in Japan.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    conurus Forum Index -> Lounge All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: