conurus Forum Index conurus
smart adapters and lens mount conversions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems with Metabones/Communication & being Ripped Off

View previous topic :: View next topic  
paulinventome

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:21 am    Post subject: Problems with Metabones/Communication & being Ripped Off Reply with quote

This is a last resort, and i'm sorry to post here but i've not been able to contact anyone from Metabones or Conurus directly.

I ordered the adapter back in Jan, Paid for it and waited. I was told when it was being shipped over that there was a firmware problem and to reject it so it gets sent back. (You don't pay duty/tax/courier then).

That was it, it's now April and i've demanded a refund because i bought the adapter for a job. Which obviously couldn't happen so i sold my canon gear and moved to sony zeiss. I assume when things get sent back there is suddenly no tracking updates.

My issue is:

- It wasn't my fault the adapter didn't work, if it had arrived and worked then all would be fine.

- I protested about rejecting it because i didn't feel it was safe but either i incur import charges and additional courier fees and that was the choice made by metabones

- If you're going to be shipping world-wide from one location then you'd better be better have good customer service

- Through no fault of my own i'm $400 down and as i mentioned getting no response any more from metabones.

- The transaction was so long ago now that PayPal won't open a dispute for it.

So i'm stuck doing the only thing i can which is to publicly ask people to think twice before dealing with metabones, especially as i believe beyond the original update the adapter has had more revisions. Revisions are good, so long as the communication and customer service can back that up. Which in my case they most certainly don't.

If anyone has any better contact details for metabones, perhaps whoever runs it i would love to get in contact.

sorry for the public post
paul
conurus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Paul,

I am sorry to hear about your negative experience with Metabones. However, your post contravenes rule #1 of this forum.

"If you have non-technical questions or concerns about your Metabones order, please do NOT post here and clutter the forum, but email Metabones instead."

As a result, this thread will be deleted at a later time.

I am PM'ing you privately to discuss your case. I will also call Metabones to figure out what happened.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    conurus Forum Index -> Lounge All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: