conurus Forum Index conurus
smart adapters and lens mount conversions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

User Feedback, recommendations, referrals etc.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    conurus Forum Index -> Contax N to Canon EF Mount Conversion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
engel001

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:18 pm    Post subject: User Feedback, recommendations, referrals etc. Reply with quote

Hi! Congratulations on this new adapter and the undoubtedly tremendous effort behind this project. Since most of us are not skilled in lens repair, I would like to propose we set aside a forum for feedback about the conversion process. Although I have now ordered two kits and will likely order quite a number more as they appear (I have duplicates of all the N lenses and numerous examples of the standard zooms), I am going to have to research with whom I will entrust my Zeiss lenses. So, if you have done a conversion and are happy with the result, please post this here with the place and name of the lens repair facility, cost, and turnaround time. My best wishes to Conurus!!
MomoInu

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Numerous examples of the standard zooms" -- how many would that be? And if you don't mind my asking why and how did you wind up with so many?

Actually I don't think the conversion is all that complicated -- it can be, as I am discovering, dependent on how well your original lens mount was put on. the most difficult part is just getting the mount. That has proven to be easy for a few of my lenses, but for the one that I am coverting now it has been a nightmare.
khunk

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:51 am    Post subject: Re: User Feedback, recommendations, referrals etc. Reply with quote

I just join recently and in the process of ordering the lens mount and trying to buy some of the lenses I owned before and sold them when migrate to Canon digital system.
Back in the days with N and N digital, I was frastrated with no good raw converter and shooting jpeg is not my priority. I now regret have to sell all the primes ( except 400/4 ) and the 17-35/2.8.
How long will the conversion take for each lens?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    conurus Forum Index -> Contax N to Canon EF Mount Conversion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: