conurus Forum Index conurus
smart adapters and lens mount conversions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tiling adapter for Canon EF

Post new topic   Reply to topic    conurus Forum Index -> 645 and 6x6 Medium Format
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tk45

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:50 pm    Post subject: Tiling adapter for Canon EF Reply with quote

The NAM-1 certainly makes good use of these excellent medium format lenses. I'm wondering if a tilting/shifting adapter compatible with Canon EF is possible, since medium format lenses have an image circle large enough for some movements. If Bo-Ming has a similar plan I will certainly stock up Contax 645 lenses now. Smile

I have seen some for Pentacon and Hasselblad already. But they are manual focusing and stop down metering/shooting.
conurus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had a bit of discussion in this thread:

http://support.conurus.com/viewtopic.php?t=489

We looked into the possibility of tilting but decided to give up after making some drawings and 3D models. Contax 645 does not enjoy the same long flange distance as Hasselblad or Pentacon, but it has a very large lens diameter. According to our 3D CAD model, just some minimal tilting would result in the lens hitting the hand grip or the pentaprism, and in some cases the extra bulk of the mechanism would interfere with simply mounting and dismounting the adapter from the camera body.

We think shift-only is technically possible but we failed to procure a supplier who would be willing to machine the adapter for us. We spoke to two high-end adapter manufacturer but both of them thought it would be too difficult and unprofitable to fabricate such an adapter.
tk45

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see. That's too bad.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    conurus Forum Index -> 645 and 6x6 Medium Format All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: