conurus Forum Index conurus
smart adapters and lens mount conversions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

reaching out to bo-ming
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    conurus Forum Index -> Contax N to Canon EF Mount Conversion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
upallnight

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:32 am    Post subject: reaching out to bo-ming Reply with quote

hello!
i'm trying to reach bo-ming. i've got a contax n lens that i would very much like to convert to an EOS mount, BUT......... it is located in japan.

i can pay for it, but i can only have it shipped within japan. the problem is i don't know anyone that i could rely on for this.

i wonder if bo-ming has any contacts in japan based on business dealings that would be reliable.

under normal circumstances i would not ask such a thing; however, in this case i suppose it would be in bo-ming's interest to receive the lens (more business) -- and of course it would delight me.

thank you for any advice.

ps i am located in the US.
conurus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have no agents or contacts in Japan. There may be online services buying goods from Japan for you for a fee. They may or may not deliver directly to us. If they don't you may have to take delivery of the lens in the U.S. first and then ship it to us. In any case please have the shipper follow these instructions.

http://en.conurus.com/ship.html

upallnight

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you so much for the reply!

coincidentally, i found just such a forwarding service this morning and am investigating the safety/security. i hope to be sending you my lens(es) soon!
upallnight

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:15 pm    Post subject: thanks, and 2 on the way Reply with quote

thank you for the earlier help, bo-ming.

i wanted to let you know that i found a solution to my problem, and i will be sending you 2 lenses for conversion shortly. i'm very excited!
upallnight

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm just about to ship a package to conurus, but i noticed one confusing thing.

in the link bo-ming mentioned above (http://en.conurus.com/ship.html), he writes:
"The post offices of most countries offer international parcel delivery with insurance and/or tracking, and that in our experience has been the fastest and the most reliable way of shipping lenses. In the United States, it is called "USPS Global Express Mail (EMS)" and in many other countries it is called "EMS Speedpost"."

however, on that page there is a link to a mailing label (http://en.conurus.com/coneos_address.pdf), which states:
"Use the post office (but avoid any “Express” grade of service) and ask for a tracking number."

i was planning to use Express Mail from the US, as it is the only method to Canada that can have the proper insurance value. Priority mail's maximum to Canada is $675.

i was planning to mail this in a few moments and just learned of this confusion.

thanks for any help!

to further complicate matters, there is "global express mail guaranteed" and "express mail international", but i suppose both are considered "express mail" for purposes of the above.
conurus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the confusion. I am correcting my shipping page and the correct grade of service to use in the United States is "Global Priority Mail".

The general rule of thumb for every country is to go with the cheapest Air Mail service with tracking. Higher grades of service may route through an express courier which may incur significant delays in customs clearance.

upallnight

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Bo-Ming.

Unfortunately, Global Priority from the US to Canada only permits US$675 in insurance. That does concern me a bit as these lenses were very pricey (for me) and quite difficult to find.

I guess I will take my chances! Smile
upallnight

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

conurus wrote:
Sorry for the confusion. I am correcting my shipping page and the correct grade of service to use in the United States is "Global Priority Mail".

The general rule of thumb for every country is to go with the cheapest Air Mail service with tracking. Higher grades of service may route through an express courier which may incur significant delays in customs clearance.

Thank you, Bo-Ming. I've put my faith in the hands of the postal service (used Global Priority per your recommendation). The lenses are on the way to you. I hope that you receive them with next weekend's pick-up (I believe I read you usually pick up on Sundays). I will feel much better when I know that you have them.

They are securely packed in the original NCL cases, inside the original lens boxes, inside a packed outer box.

I know you say that the lens can be tracked about 3 weeks after sending it, so I'll be a little anxious during that time.

I've never had problems shipping Priority to Canada before; I've sent many packages, but none have had this much meaning/value to me before.

I cannot express to you how excited I am!
upallnight

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo-Ming:
Do you usually only pick up packages on Sundays? I saw that on the website but was not sure if it was still accurate.

It looks like my lenses arrived into Candian customs Thursday evening. I am hopeful that they will arrive with you shortly (Sunday?), which will allow me to relax quite a bit, knowing they are in good hands.

Thank you!
upallnight

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:26 am    Post subject: bummer! Reply with quote

my package has been in canadian customs for the last 8 days. d'oh!
upallnight

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not that anyone other than me cares, but...

my lenses made it out of canadian customs on the 5th (12 days) and as of this morning the package arrived and is available for bo-ming to pick up.

i'm anxiously awaiting confirmation of a safe arrival. i'll feel much better when they're in bo-ming's capable hands.
lam

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
not that anyone other than me cares, but...

my lenses made it out of canadian customs on the 5th (12 days) and as of this morning the package arrived and is available for bo-ming to pick up.

i'm anxiously awaiting confirmation of a safe arrival. i'll feel much better when they're in bo-ming's capable hands.

take it easy , my friend
I paid $4000 for N400 and shipped direct from seller in europe to canada without problem.
Bo-ming will handle all our lens with care ,let him take more time and wait if we want a best job done.
upallnight

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks! i have every confidence in bo-ming. was just saying that i feel better when it is in his (or my) hands....rather than with customs or the postal service. (i've never had an issue with a package, but these lenses represent a substantial amount of money invested for me, along with the fact that they are difficult to obtain.)

i'm 100% sure it will all work out.
upallnight

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

talk about fast! bo-ming picked up my lenses within hours of them arriving at the local post office -- and they were immediately tested and entered into the system.

it's a big relief to see they arrived just fine and have passed testing.

thank you, bo-ming, for such great service (already) with everything in your control.

now, i'll just play the waiting game, patiently (and happily).
upallnight

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:15 am    Post subject: pretty darn excited right about now Reply with quote

i checked on the status of the 2 lenses i sent to conurus on june 21st (received by conurus on july 7th), and i noticed that both are listed as "modified" and now have a canada post tracking number! woo-hoo!

no information yet on the canada post website, but it sure seems like they will be shipped imminently...and hopefully mounted on my canon soon!

assuming it takes a couple weeks for shipping, that would be ~10 weeks, including shipping (or ~6 weeks just for the modifications). that's awesome!

now, i'm still listed as #80 in the queue, so perhaps i'm jumping the gun - but all fields about firmware, shims used/not used, modification date, and tracking number are complete. the only items missing are "date we shipped" and "date delivered".

i'm excited!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    conurus Forum Index -> Contax N to Canon EF Mount Conversion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: