conurus Forum Index conurus
smart adapters and lens mount conversions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Contax 645 to Canon EF adapter?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    conurus Forum Index -> 645 and 6x6 Medium Format
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Uli Ploedereder

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 6:02 am    Post subject: Contax 645 to Canon EF adapter? Reply with quote

Hi!

I've sold my N1 with 24-85 a few month ago but I have a lot of 645 stuff (all fixed focal length lenses from 35mm to 350mm) and I'm very interested in the 645 to Canon EOS adapter.

Uli
dergiman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:16 am    Post subject: any news on the contax645-to-eos adapter? Reply with quote

hi,

are there any news about the contax645-to-eos adapter and its availability and estimated release date?

and another question: will it have a tripod mount? this would be so useful for flat stitching!!! but i think that it is too late for an addition of the tripod mount in this stage of the developpment process.

philipp
hasse

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:53 am    Post subject: 645 to Canon Reply with quote

Hi, does anybody know if it's possible to get an adapter-converter to my adapter between Contax 645 and Canon EOS? I like to use my lenses from 645 on my Canon 5D. And I do have the adapter between 645 and Contax NDigital lenses.

Hasse
watzupdawg

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: 645 to Canon Reply with quote

hasse wrote:
Hi, does anybody know if it's possible to get an adapter-converter to my adapter between Contax 645 and Canon EOS? I like to use my lenses from 645 on my Canon 5D. And I do have the adapter between 645 and Contax NDigital lenses.

Hasse

Maybe it could be done so that the adaptor was converted.
jrn813

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From This Forums FAQ Area

We plan to support all N-mount lenses in 2008.
We do not support and have no plans to support the manual focus Yashica/Contax mount,
the rangefinder G mount or the original rangefinder screw mount.

We will introduce an Autofocus Adapter for mounting Contax 645 lenses on Canon EOS bodies in 2008.

custo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:08 am    Post subject: We are waiting good news for Contax 645 to Canon EOS adapter Reply with quote

I have Contax AF 645 and the lenses is 45, 80, 140, 120 macro, 210, 1,4 X converter and 1+2+3 no close up tubes. And I have EOS 1 Ds Mk II. I want to use this Contax AF lenses at the my EOS body.

I read the forum topic "645 to Canon"
You write " We will introduce an Autofocus Adapter for mounting Contax 645 lenses on Canon EOS bodies in 2008. "
What's the status Contax 645 -> EOS adapter?
Anything news on your introduse ? Can you already estimate time? And How much it will coast ?
Please let me know once the adaptor for 645 to EOS becomes available, so I can order it.

Thank you
asphet

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:37 pm    Post subject: contax 645 lens to canon EOS adaptar news Reply with quote

Hello
any available news of contax 645 lens to canon EOS adaptar news?
thanks
eric
John Brennan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please put me on the list for one. Thanks!
coleung

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:27 pm    Post subject: Contax 645 lens adaptor Reply with quote

The world is waiting for the adaptor. It is possible to have a simple adaptor first which can control the aperture only without auto-focus function to meet the need?
doc

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 Very Happy
mars

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+2 Laughing
now with the live-view, autofocus is not as essential.
I only need an adapter which can stop down the aperature.

I am interested on the Tilt and shift adapter but that is lower priority.
conurus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will begin by being totally honest and upfront with you. Things are not looking good. I have to focus on serving existing orders but I do not have time to work on the 645, and given that I work about 18 hours a day 7 days a week and do nothing else, I am afraid this will not be done in the near future.

Thank you for your suggestions. I have been trying very hard to get across the message that AF is not the bottleneck. We need a new protection circuitry because you can detach the 645 lens while the adapter is still attached to the camera body, and that is required for controlling the aperture, too, not just AF.

I would like to apologize for keeping everyone waiting but to constructively help the situation, we have the following options:
1, If you are a traditional mount adapter company and is willing to machine the adapter itself, we are eager to partner with you and supply the electronics. We already have got most of the mechanical blueprint designed, but it is not finished and you will need to help with the design.
2, If you are a venture capitalist, we are the proverbial company which has already made it through the initial introduction stage (read: cash burn) and reached the explosive growth stage with a healthy positive cash flow. Admittedly, we are not managing this growth well and we have serious trouble keeping up with demand. Your capital infusion and management expertise will help us expand properly.
3, If you are a camera repair service in Vancouver, and looking for business, consider running our daily operations converting N mount lenses to EF mount. The instructions are at

http://en.conurus.com/install.html

I would offer hands-on, one-on-one training to cover the subtleties gained from almost 3 years of experience, which I am not able to show by pictures alone. I am not confident this can be outsourced while still maintaining the same high level of workmanship unless we work closely together and there is substantial face-to-face time. Therefore you need to be in Vancouver so that I will be able to offer support to you, quickly and whenever it is required. (That would free me up from daily operations so that I would focus on product development.)
4, Any other concrete offer of sharing the work (and the profit!) would be greatly appreciated.
conurus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those of you interested in investing in us, thank you! We are in Vancouver, BC and you may benefit from significant tax breaks if certain conditions are satisfied. For details please review:

http://www.cse.gov.bc.ca/MIT/SBIIO/VCP/Pages/default.aspx

I do not think just money alone will be sufficient to take us to the next level. You are what is commonly referred to as an "angel investor" and we will benefit from your management experience and expertise probably more so than your capital infusion.
wingwing

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 4:09 pm    Post subject: 645 to Canon Adaptor Reply with quote

I'm still waiting to use 645 lens on the canon bodies. Are you still planning to release adpater at some point in near future?

I have these 645 lenses:

350mm
45-90
douglas sterling

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 9:31 pm    Post subject: 645 adapter Reply with quote

What would it take to implement the design and machine the prototype adapter?

Doug
Post new topic   Reply to topic    conurus Forum Index -> 645 and 6x6 Medium Format All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: