conurus Forum Index conurus
smart adapters and lens mount conversions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Some N Lens images from Navajoland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    conurus Forum Index -> Contax N to Canon EF Mount Conversion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DJGarcia

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:48 am    Post subject: Some N Lens images from Navajoland Reply with quote

From my recent trip to Navajoland with an Alan Briot workshop ...

17-35@17 .7sec@f19

17-35@20 1/30@f19

17-35@20 1/6@f19

17-35@20 1/6@f19

24-85@24 1/6@f19

24-85@36 1/4@f19

17-35@19 1/15@f19

70-300@148 1/45@f11

70-300@148 1/20@f11

24-85@36 1/20@f27

24-85@61 30sec@f27
jrn813

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very,Very Good...
A Little More Saturation On A Couple, Would Really Make Them Pop...
But All In All, I Think The Series Shows Your Lenses' Ability, And Of Course, Yours.... !

The Wide Shot Of The Valley Is One Step Up From The Others...
But Then Again, I Am A Shadow Nut.

Which Camera?

Thanks

John R

DJGarcia

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoops! Forgot an important detail! EOS 1Ds MkII.

Thanks for the kind comments. I'm actually trying to avoid over-saturation, although sometimes I use it to get something of a smeary paint-like look. It's true it might help the web images, but for prints I'm probably even a bit over the edge in some for my current "look", which of course is very relative. I find the play between saturation and contrast always a fun challenge. But color and contrast as well as flare control are what I love about the Zeiss lenses.

You're absolutely right about the Monument Valley shot - the light was enthralling. I have several takes over several miinutes and the light just kept transforming the landscape. That one and the fourth (sunriise at Junction Overlook in Canyon de Chelly) are probably my favorites. The last one of the tree was an experiment - the mostly twilight with almost no shadow makes for unusual light, what with a 30 sec exposure.
jnswickard

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic Cool . It has been ten years since I have been to Navajoland. There is a great road through the reservations.
My wife and I are going to Cabo San Lucas at the end of the month but that will likely lead to mostly photos of the Sharaton Hacienda Del Mar--most likely the bar. Of course I might get her to go into town so that I can take pictures of the drunken rooster at the Gigggling Marlin?
Now, if I could just get Bo-ming's address so that I can send in my newest N lens for adaptation?
Happy picture taking DJ.
Jack
Post new topic   Reply to topic    conurus Forum Index -> Contax N to Canon EF Mount Conversion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: