conurus Forum Index conurus
smart adapters and lens mount conversions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Advisory to customers in Hong Kong

Post new topic   Reply to topic    conurus Forum Index -> Contax N to Canon EF Mount Conversion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
conurus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject: Advisory to customers in Hong Kong Reply with quote

Canada Customs appears to be targeting packages coming from Hong Kong. They appear to ignore the "Temporary Importation" declaration on the box most of the time.

No similar pattern is observed for packages coming from any other countries and they all come into Canada just fine.

We recommend Hong Kong customers not to use our services for the time being until we figure out why Canada Customs is doing that. If you send your lens to us, there is a risk of delay, and the package may not be able to reach us and be returned to you. If you have to send your lens in, try using a large font for the "Temporary Importation" declaration, ask them to call my phone number if there are questions, and put that on at least two sides of the package so that they have no excuse missing it.

Please be advised that we observe no customs difficulty for all other countries coming into Canada and back to their home country, except some European countries may sometimes ask for proof of purchase in Europe when it returns. If you include a copy of the receipt demonstrating that you have paid VAT on the lens before, we will put that in a transparent pocket outside of the package to expedite the customs clearance process.

Last edited by conurus on Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:44 am; edited 2 times in total
hkeric

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Advisory to customers in Hong Kong Reply with quote

Hi, I am new to this forum. I hope this can be sorted out soon for I can't wait sending my lenses to you for conversion.
jrn813

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It Would Double The Freight Costs, But If Anyone Is In A Hurry,
I Would Be Glad To Act As A Middle Man For Your Lenses...
Plenty Of References, For Your Peace Of Mind.
I Am Self-Employed, I Own The Cotulla Motel, Cotulla Texas (Family Business For 60yrs)

No Biggie... Just Thought I Could Help...
I Am Very Impatient Myself.

John R

Last edited by jrn813 on Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
hkeric

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, John. That's such a sweet suggestion. In fact, I'm not that impatient. I have just waited for over 6 months and was so lucky to buy the N17-35, N70-300 and N100 second hand in like new condition, reasonable price, and with accessories too!! Together with the N24-85 which I already have, I would have a great combo of Zeiss lenses for my 5D!!! I am looking forward to having this dream come true. Hope it won't take another 6 months...in that case, I will certainly need your help. Cheers.
jrn813

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your Welcome Eric.....

If Ever, Do Not Hesitate. Just PM Me Or eMail ...

My List Of Lenses Is:
17-35mm
(Bought Converted From Hubsand - Which Started All This For Me))
24-85mm
(Second One Being Done For A Friend Now)
28-80mm
50mm
70-200mm
100mm

I Am Most Anxious For The 70-200mm Conversion...
And If I Can Pickup A 85mm Reasonably, I Will...
But Since I Already Have The Canon L (85mm f1.2)
I Am Not In That Big Of A Hurry.....

John R

hkeric

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Advisory to customers in Hong Kong Reply with quote

Hi, Bo-ming,

So glad to hear that you are clearing up the waitlist. Any update on the situation for packages from Hong Kong? Or we just try sending the lens to you with a big "Temporary Importation" declaration?

Eric
Post new topic   Reply to topic    conurus Forum Index -> Contax N to Canon EF Mount Conversion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: