conurus Forum Index conurus
smart adapters and lens mount conversions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Contax N 645 questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    conurus Forum Index -> 645 and 6x6 Medium Format
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:45 pm    Post subject: Contax N 645 questions Reply with quote

Can anybody share his experience with digital backs on the 645. Which backs were adapted to the system, which of the new backs offer best compatibility? Is it complicated to change the back from say Hassel H or V to the Contax back?

What are the going prices of the lenses (35/55/80/120) and the body?

There is a shop which has it all and I might be interested to buy the Contax now and add a used d'back and an adapter later

many thanks for infos and links to N 645 sites
dergiman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am also interested in this. which shop is it you mention?
MomoInu

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andi-

Did you get any responses on the Contax 645 pricing? I would suggest that you search ebay for completed auctions (available for the last month) of C645 equipment, and you should get an idea of what things have sold for in both the US and Europe. Search current listing for what people are asking for equipment. Some people list things with very high prices in the hope they just catch some one with more money than sense or patience.

It is clear, however, that prices are increasing. Prices for certain accessories and lens hood were the first to increase (and some sit at ridiculous levels). But the lenses have started moving up as well. Get the 120mm Makro and 35mm and 55mm Distagon while you can.

The 55mm is fairly rare, so while it was less expensive than the other 645 lenses when originally sold, that is no longer the case. You should be able to find the 120mm and 35mm lenses for US$1200-1400. The price of the 120 is rising the fastest, and some have sold recently for about $2000. You should be able to get the 140mm for $1000 or less (there were a lot of them), the 45mm and the 210mm Distagon for $1100 or less. The excellent 45-90 Vario-Sonnar will probably cost you $2400 or more, if you can find one. It's as rare as the 55mm, if not rarer. The 350mm will be expensive -- expect to see them for about $3500-$4000. (clearly these are US prices and as you are aware do not include any taxes or duties that might be implicit in a higher European price or added to something delivered to Europe).
Andi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks

I saw your message on fm dergiman, there is a shop in Zurich offering some used Contax N gear 645. They did not price the items yet. So I just try to figure out if the price matches my ideas. If you are looking for a specific lens you can drop my a message, if I decide against the Contax or if there is some gear left I could tell you.

Thanks MomoImu
I checked the bay, the 35 went for 1000€ others lenses were significantly less , seems you are about right. I prefer to buy it here and see what I get.
Any problems with these camera I must check before buying?
dergiman

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

unfortunatly my contax 645 deal didnīt work out. ffordes jsut wanted to much for shipping. so i am looking for other options. andi please let me know about your leftovers!
jjlphoto

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could always have it shipped on your dime, just open a FedEx account if you don't already have one. They still may insist on a "handling" or "packaging" charge however.
Andi

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ffordes is very expensive. I will be busy until wednesday, then I will try to figure out what I can find 4 sale here. This stuff does not go too fast and from time to time they turn up. Vienna should be a good place to find some Contax N stuff for you, I guess?
dergiman

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, vienna is no-contax-land. i have to look elsewhere....
Andi

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you have a PM
Post new topic   Reply to topic    conurus Forum Index -> 645 and 6x6 Medium Format All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: