conurus Forum Index conurus
smart adapters and lens mount conversions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Auto focus speed 1DS 1DX 5D3 5D2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    conurus Forum Index -> Contax N to Canon EF Mount Conversion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lam

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Auto focus speed 1DS 1DX 5D3 5D2 Reply with quote

Hi All

Could you give me some advice about AF of 1Ds 1Dx 1D compare to 5D3 5D2.

Does pro body provide higher power than mid-pro body?

I just read some where from internet , it say 1Ds 1Dx 1D do give more power to drive lens , not a voltage but milli-amp

We all know that contax N got a useful AF speed but it should be better if we can drive them faster than use to be , right ?

I used to use 1Ds3 for awhile and feel that it gave faster AF speed than 5D2 and much more accurate.

Your advice would help me choosing new body for my Ns.

Best regards

NaLahm

lam

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

็็Hi again

Quote:
AH: Are there any differences in hardware or software between the EOS 5D MKIII and EOS 1DX AF modules?

CW: The AF sensor and AI Servo III tracking algorithms are identical for both cameras. However, the EOS 5D Mark III uses a 63-zone Dual Layer iFCL sensor for exposure metering whereas the EOS-1D X uses an approximately 100,000 pixel RGB sensor powered by a DIGIC 4 processor for exposure metering. As a result, the EOS-1D X supports EOS iTR AF (Intelligent Tracking and Recognition) that can apply face and color detection data from the 100,000 pixel sensor for improved subject tracking when the camera is set for automatic focusing point selection. In addition, the EOS-1D X achieves a higher lens motor drive speed with select L-series USM telephoto lenses than the 5D Mark III because of the 1D Xs more powerful battery pack.

Here is the link http://www.arihazeghiphotography.com/AH_CW_interview/
please scroll down to the middle of the page

chmod

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: auto focus Reply with quote

Hello Lam...

I own an original 5D, as well as a 1Ds MIII, and a 1DX. So I cannot comment about the 5D2 or 5D3 because I have never used them.

I can tell you this, with certainty, the AF mechanism of the 1DX is hugely superior to that of the 1Ds MIII.

Sure, the 1DX has less MP and sure, it costs too much. I would never argue it was a great deal. And I would never say it is for everyone. But as a piece of technical gear...it is insane. Smile

You want my opinion (after ~7k shutter activations) on the AF capability of the 1DX?

It is unmatched at this time. Unmatched.

regards,
chmod
lam

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello
Thanks you chmod.
After I saw your images then I know that I can left foveon behind.
regards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    conurus Forum Index -> Contax N to Canon EF Mount Conversion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: