conurus Forum Index conurus
smart adapters and lens mount conversions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

slack btween conurus metabones adapt conurus contax 24-85

Post new topic   Reply to topic    conurus Forum Index -> Contax N to Canon EF Mount Conversion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
docmaas

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:17 am    Post subject: slack btween conurus metabones adapt conurus contax 24-85 Reply with quote

And it is causing me a lot of grief. The contacts fail when the lens shifts resulting in having to reset some of the settings on the camera.

The fit between the camera and the adapter is tight but the fit between the 24-85 and the adapter has slack. Moving it back and forth results in the connections working correctly and then not working correctly.

The flange of the 24-85 is tight and the flange on the adapter is tight as well.

Any ideas?

Mike
conurus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your problem report. Was this Metabones Mark I or Mark II? Also would you mind sending me the serial number of the 24-85 by PM please? Thanks.
docmaas

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Metabones is Mk 1.

serial on 24-85 is 12697856

thanks,

Mike
conurus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the additional information.

The early Mark I adapters are not as tight on the Canon side. Please inspect the 3 leaf springs under the 3 bayonets of the Canon mount. Do they look flat or do they look curved? Later units had curved leaf springs which are much stronger and makes for a much more rigid connection between the Canon mount lens and the adapter.

You may send the adapter back to Metabones for a fix, or if you wouldn't mind installing it yourself, you may ask them to mail you 3 curved leaf springs. (Assuming you currently have flat ones.)
docmaas

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:42 am    Post subject: springs appear to be curved up. pic enclosed Reply with quote

I also have a 17mm Tse lens that has no problems but of course the only electronics it uses is the aperture control. The contax lens is manual focus only and I usually see the problem when I grasp the zoom ring instead of the focus ring.

I seems much more difficult to reproduce the problem with the lens pointing down rather than forward which might indicate the problem is the springs on the metabones adapter.

Here is the image:

thanks,

Mike
conurus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes that's the old Mark I straight leaf springs. I would suggest writing to support@metabones.com and ask them to mail you the new curved leaf springs. Should be easy to install by yourself. You may say Bo-Ming Tong referred you to them. Thanks!
docmaas

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will do. Thanks for your help.

Mike

conurus wrote:
Yes that's the old Mark I straight leaf springs. I would suggest writing to support@metabones.com and ask them to mail you the new curved leaf springs. Should be easy to install by yourself. You may say Bo-Ming Tong referred you to them. Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    conurus Forum Index -> Contax N to Canon EF Mount Conversion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: