conurus Forum Index conurus
smart adapters and lens mount conversions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Please, make a speedbooster Contex N

Post new topic   Reply to topic    conurus Forum Index -> Feature Enhancement Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
briantho

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: Contax N to Sony NEX adapter Reply with quote

I guess this is a no brainer since you already decoded both the Contax N and Sony NEX protocols, and the flange distance (48mm) is no issue. Would be nice to use AF Contax N lenses on the NEX 7.

Can we expect such an adapter in the future?
conurus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As of today, we are not actively looking at that combination (Contax N -> Sony NEX).

We are working on other smart adapters right now (but I am not ready to disclose what they are yet). Typically, I am not able to discuss our roadmap because we wish to establish a tradition of telling our patrons what we have already done, instead of making some promise about the future unless we are 100% sure we will be able to deliver. Our recommendation to our patrons is to always base all your purchase decisions on what is available on the market today. As of today and also in the near future, the Contax N lens to Sony NEX adapter does not exist.

briantho

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, but I hope you'll think about it. It would be an easy project for you, now that you work with metabones, and the demand for this adapter would be huge.
conurus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your suggestion.

A Contax N lens modified to Canon EF will function with the Metabones Canon EF Lens to Sony NEX Smart Adapter. So, as of today, it can be done. Granted, it is not a direct adapter, but the advantage is that if you have both Canon bodies and Sony NEX bodies, you can use the same lens on both, and it will autofocus on Canon, too.

Therefore, we consider it a higher priority to serve users of other brands first, "to boldly go where no man has gone before", than to make some product variant that does not break any new ground.

You are right in that it would have been easy for us to do, but we are not after easy here, we really want to empower our patrons by creating new possibilities for them.
bitcrusher

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Please, make a speedbooster Contex N Reply with quote

I know not that many people would be into it but a Contex N to m43/ NEX would be awesome. I don't even care about auto focus just the apature would rock. I would pay 1K for this
Post new topic   Reply to topic    conurus Forum Index -> Feature Enhancement Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: