conurus Forum Index conurus
smart adapters and lens mount conversions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Contax 50/1.4 MF Adjustment Instructions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    conurus Forum Index -> Contax N to Canon EF Mount Conversion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zeissman

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Contax 50/1.4 MF Adjustment Instructions Reply with quote

Hi all,

I wrote BoMing asking for specific instructions but I haven't heard back so I figured I would try here.

I need specific instruction set to dial in MF adjustments at different distances for my 50/1.4. I've found instructions on the forum to set the minimum focusing distance (I think), but I don't know how to do the other 2 distances: infinity and overall.

If I enter my SN in the online form, it doesn't allow me to see the instructions even though this is a fully converted Lens. Can someone please post the exact instruction set for Firmware 3.04? I believe this is what I have or something close to it.

I have front focus/back focus issues I'm trying to correct on this lens by dialing in more precise MF adjustments for more than just a minimum focusing distance, but as of yet I've not been able to figure out exactly how to do this and there are no instructions posted on the forum for the other two distances as far as I can tell.

Thank you kindly!!!
conurus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please kindly enter your serial number to this web application and the instructions pertinent to your lens will appear

http://conurus.com/index.php/contax/user-manual/micro-adjustment

Let me know if you should encounter any difficulties.

zeissman

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 1:20 am    Post subject: S/N does not work Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply! That's part of the problem - inserting the S/N into the form doesn't give me any info.

It shows:

SN: 1271XXXX
Lens 50/1.4
Firmware: ?

If you could adjust the script to still spit out instructions it would be very helpful.

I have a friend that had the 24/85 and the 100/Makro and he said that his Serials never worked in the system either.
zeissman

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump. Any word on this?

I sent you my S/N privately but haven't heard back.
conurus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not able to find your lens in our lens tracking database at all. Was it modified by us? If it was modified or tampered with by an unauthorized third party, there would be no database record and our web application for AF micro-adjustment would not function.

Last edited by conurus on Fri May 11, 2012 7:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
zeissman

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: 50/1.4 Reply with quote

Yes of course it was! You are the only (best) show in town that I know of Smile

It was modified by you, but my SN is not in your database.

As I mentioned - a friend of mine bought two lenses a while back that were also not in your database, so we have always assumed you may have lost the DB archive at one point or something.

I'm still at a loss - I can't do MF on a conurus modified lens for 3 distances - only 1 because I can't obtain the instructions on how to do so.

Help?
conurus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess your firmware version is 3.00l, although I have no way to know for sure because there were no records of your lens in our database. If my guess is correct you may use this workaround URL link to get the AF micro-adjustment web application working:

http://conurus.com/contax/user-manual/micro-adjustment?sn=1271xxxx&firmware=3.00l

zeissman

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 4:24 am    Post subject: thank you Reply with quote

This is _exactly_ what I needed, thank you!

It took some getting used to, but I was able to get focus to work for Min Focusing distance + Overall.

For some reason, I still am not able to figure out what + - setting to set my infinity focus at. I set it to 0, then use MF adjustments in camera to figure out the offset but when I dial that in to the lens, it doesn't work as expected and is always out of focus.

Is there a special trick to figuring out the adjustment needed for Infinity focus once I have set Min + overall adjustments?

After I dial in the Infinity focus, I remove the Manual in camera adjustment of course, but it's always off no matter what I try.
zeissman

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any idea if there is a firmware that addresses an issue similar to this in 3.0x? I'm wondering what, if anything I might be doing wrong..

I've not been able to successfully dial in any infinity focus adjustment that nails focus on the 50/1.4.
conurus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure if the in-camera adjustment and the in-lens adjustment are of the same scale (i.e. +10 in-camera = +10 in-lens?) Your experience suggests they are not.

If you manual focus to infinity aided by liveview, and subsequently use autofocus, does the focus of the lens turn towards infinity or towards 0.45m?

zeissman

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 10:20 pm    Post subject: MF adjustments Reply with quote

I don't think that the scales are off between in camera and the lens because I used the in camera scale to figure out what I needed to set for the minimum focusing distance and the overall distance. Both of these (+15) were used to dial in the firmware adjustments and they seemed to work.

I'm doing this on a 5D III.

I will however test the infinity focus + live view and report back regarding your question.
Phamtastic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: N50 Microadjustment on 5Diii Reply with quote

I just got my hands on the N50 and it is severely front focusing. I have already entered +20 in camera and it still needs a bit more which led me to attempting to adjust it in lens. After entering the serial number into the AFMA link on the site and following the directions, nothing appears to happen. The "one shot, m focus" on the LCD does not blink as indicated. I understood that this could be a result of there not being any previous value entered. However, following through to the end does not leave my aperture showing f1.2 as indicated at the end of the directions.

The firmware version in my copy is 3.17f. Any guidance or assistance would be greatly appreciated.
conurus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

How does the lens look at infinity? If you wouldn't mind sending me your serial number in PM I will try the web instructions to verify. Thanks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    conurus Forum Index -> Contax N to Canon EF Mount Conversion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: