conurus Forum Index conurus
smart adapters and lens mount conversions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Finally - the EF-NEX adapter is available!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trondster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Finally - the EF-NEX adapter is available! Reply with quote

The adapter is looking good - I have already ordered a copy. Smile

I asked questions on the FAQ regarding both focusing by wire and stopping down - great that both issues got resolved in the best possible way.

It also feels reassuring that you have teamed up with Metabones, a renowned maker of NEX adapters - I expect the adapter to last many years. Smile

Thank you!
zytaziouz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was really excited about this adapter... but I would really think conurus would make a lot more money if they charged maybe half or less than that price... I personally said if it were $100 I'd jump, $150 probably get it, but for $400 one could get an entire spare camera, or if there is only one or two lenses they really want to use, unless they are L lenses, it'd almost be better to try to hold out to see if an equivalent lens is released in native e-mount.

For me I wanted to use my sigma 10-20, but it might be cheaper to find the same lens in sony A mount, and use sony's adapter for manual focus.

I don't mean to be bitter or sound cheap, but I feel the price is too steep for what this is. With that said, I do wish Conurus all the luck in the world with their business endeavors.
dnt59

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

100 $ or 150$ Very Happy Oh, my God! Please be more realistic. The price 399$ has nothing to do with the cost of this adapter. Please consider WHAT it do and HOW it do it. You will never buy it if You have just 1 Canon lens. For sure. But what if You have a lot of them: 4, 5, 10 ? And what if they are all L-series ( which Sony will never ever produce)
I am going just try to explain that such kind of things will be always overpriced and never will introduce their real manufacturing cost. Please add the risk factor. Two companies were joined to produce this adapter. What if tomorrow Sony will release the EF mount version of, for example NEX FS100 camera? Why not? And what about Conurus if this happen? Nothing pleasant at least for sure. So be more realistic, discussing the price. It accumulates much more things, than those which seems on surface only.
Don't worry be happy and sorry for my english
Very Happy
Atlasman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:09 pm    Post subject: EF to NEX Smart Adapter Reply with quote

Congrats! You have a potential winner on your hands!
focusing.screen

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry that I cannot quite get it from the information provided. Is autofocusing supported? Embarassed
allebaug

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Redesign the NEX adapter to have a quick release base Reply with quote

Bo-Ming:

I've ordered a copy of your new EF-Nex adapter from Metabones. Would it be possible to have future adapter designs machined to have an Arca-Swiss style dovetail base compatible with the current standardized quick release clamps available from many manufacturers (Kirk, Really Right Stuff, Arca-Swiss, Acratech, ...).

A redesign would not interfere with traditional tripod mounts using a 1/4-20 screw or with other styles of quick release plates, but A-S style quick attachments are becoming more common and affordable.

Thank you, and continued success.

Joe
Trondster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

focusing.screen wrote:
Sorry that I cannot quite get it from the information provided. Is autofocusing supported? Embarassed

Autofocus is not supported.
Please see the product page as to what is supported.
allebaug

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

USPS brought the Metabones/Conurus EF-NEX adapter delivery package earlier this morning.

I received an email from Metabones on 1/21, the day after the adapter shipped, stating there may be a data transfer problem using the adapter with NEX 5N or NEX 7 models, and to reject delivery to have the adapter returned to Metabones for reprogramming, with no further charge for return or re-delivery.

I have a NEX 5N, and the package is now headed back to Metabones.
focusing.screen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks, Trondster. Really hope that Conurus will work out one in the near future which will support autofocus ...
ostonica

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Redesign the NEX adapter to have a quick release base Reply with quote

allebaug wrote:
Bo-Ming:
Would it be possible to have future adapter designs machined to have an Arca-Swiss style dovetail base compatible with the current standardized quick release clamps available from many manufacturers (Kirk, Really Right Stuff, Arca-Swiss, Acratech, ...).

Joe

Oh yes, PLEASE, PLEASE do this ...

JS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    conurus Forum Index -> Sony NEX Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: