conurus Forum Index conurus
smart adapters and lens mount conversions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Zeiss N 17-35 mm. on a Canon 600D ??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    conurus Forum Index -> Contax N to Canon EF Mount Conversion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
igmolinav

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Zeiss N 17-35 mm. on a Canon 600D ?? Reply with quote

Hi,

I am new to this forum : ) !!!

I have a few questions:

I have seen many people are using the EOS 5D Mark II in this forum. Is it possible to use a Zeiss N lens on a crop format camera body like the EOS 600D, (also known as Rebel T3i camera) - The lens I am particularly interested is the 17-35 mm. lens ??

After modification, is the 17-35 mm. lens, a lens that tends to have a lot of trouble with the autofocus ??

How is it with the 24-85 mm. Is it posible to use it with the 600D, are there any problems with the autofocus ??

Would you please be so kind to mention the price to convert any of these two lenses and the length of time to do it ??

Thank you very much in advance, very kind regards,

igmolinav : ) !!!
conurus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Thank you for joining us and yes, the Rebel T3i/600D is supported.

All autofocus lenses of any brand may malfunction. That has nothing to do with modification. We publish failure rates of unmodified lenses in this thread:

http://conurus.com/forum/reliability-rating-of-n-series-lenses-t667.html

On the whole, Contax autofocus lenses can be considered reliable, given the fact that they are around 10 years old and the failure rates are still in the single digit range. Some consumer-grade products may have this kind of failure rates right within the first year, let alone after 10 years.

However, you will have to counter-balance that with the fact that all Contax service will cease in March 2015. There will be no way to repair a malfunction after that date.

Our price list can be reviewed here:

http://conurus.com/contax/lens-modification-service

and a turnaround time estimate,

http://conurus.com/contax/track-progress

Thank you very much!
igmolinav

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bo Ming,

Thank you for your message : ) !!!

I have a few more questions:

1) Let's suppose that the lenses I buy are in good, or very good working condition. Do you still recommend
to send them to be serviced by Kyocera in Japan?? Perhaps is a good idea to have the lenses serviced
before the tranformation, (but perhaps is not a good idea to have them serviced!).

2) Besides the Kyocera service facility in Japan, is there a reliable service
facility in the U.S. or Canada to have the lenses serviced?? Perhaps that
is not a good idea, is it??

3) The conversion price for the Vario-Sonnar 24-85 mm., f/3.5-4.5 is US$609, or C$599, isn't??

4) The conversion price for the Vario-Sonnar 17-35 mm., f/2.8 is US$1009, or C$999, isn't??

Thank you, kind regards,

conurus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1, if you or your seller have tested the lens and it was good, there would be no need to have Contax Japan look at the lens. We will do another round of testing when your lens arrives.

2, only Contax Japan has the expertise and the necessary parts to repair most problems with Contax N lenses.

3, yes

4, yes

Thanks!
igmolinav

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey,

Thank you : ) !!!

I'll be in touch !!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    conurus Forum Index -> Contax N to Canon EF Mount Conversion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: