conurus Forum Index conurus
smart adapters and lens mount conversions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Contax 645 lenses to NEX

Post new topic   Reply to topic    conurus Forum Index -> Feature Enhancement Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you buy a manual focus, auto aperture Contax 645 lens to Sony NEX mount adapter for US$999?
Yes
45%
 45%  [ 5 ]
No
54%
 54%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 11

David Ching

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:57 am    Post subject: Contax 645 lenses to NEX Reply with quote

Seems no one has answered a similar query for using a converted NAM1 to EOS.
My query is similar in that since the above conversion makes Contax 645 lenses work on Canon EOS bodies via a converted NAM1 mount, can this NAM1 mount then be mounted onto another adapter E-mount to NEX camera bodies? I would expect the usual loss of information to body from lens, right?
conurus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will make sure a converted NAM-1 works with the Canon EF to Sony E mount adapter that is under development. Since both adapters are electronic, you will be able to control the aperture of a Contax 645 lens directly from a Sony E-mount camera body.

Using other "dumb" Canon EF to Sony E mount adapters will not work because they do not have the necessary electronics to control the aperture of a Contax 645 lens.

David Ching

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:35 am    Post subject: Contax 645 lenses on Sony NEX body Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick reply.
Am rather pleased and excited that you are working on fitting the NAM 1 for NEX bodies. Can't wait. I have the 35mm, 80mm and 120 Apo- Makro and wish to use them all on the NEX via the NAM 1. Please tell me what to do next. Have not purchased the NAM 1 adapter yet. Have no Canon EOS body. Do I need one. If so, do recommend.
conurus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To gauge market interest, I have added a poll question to this thread. Thanks!
Chad

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you please clarify - are you developing a complete standalone adapter for NEX to Contax 645 or will we need to purchase the NEX to EOS adapter as well as a converted NAM-1?

Also, would you be willing to develop and sell a "dumb" NEX to 645 adapter that was essentially a spacer with the understanding that the lens would be stuck wide open? I would buy such an adapter and shoot the 80mm at f/2 all day Very Happy

Thanks.
conurus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stacking a converted NAM-1 on our upcoming Canon EF to Sony NEX adapter definitely will work. Let me clarify however this is only a test of waters. With only 4 "yes" votes at the time of writing, it does not appear there will be a lot of demand for this. A product needs to be made in the hundreds at least in order to be economically developed and manufactured.

For a "dumb" adapter, you may try speaking to your local camera repairman or the numerous vendors who sell "dumb" adapters on eBay. They may be interested in making one.

Chad

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

conurus wrote:
Stacking a converted NAM-1 on our upcoming Canon EF to Sony NEX adapter definitely will work. Let me clarify however this is only a test of waters. With only 4 "yes" votes at the time of writing, it does not appear there will be a lot of demand for this. A product needs to be made in the hundreds at least in order to be economically developed and manufactured.

I don't know that your little poll is a good indicator of market demand for this adapter but you may be correct. What you need is someone to shoot the adapter and do wonderful work with it, then link to the NEX, SONY and Mirrorless blogs out there to drum up interest. I don't think there are a large number of Contax 645 and NEX owners out there but there are thousands of NEX owners that love to play with adapted lenses and are willing to spend big money on Leica and Zeiss glass. Shooting a 645 or N lens would likely be of great interest and heat up the used market for those lenses.
conurus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you are right. Hopefully, when our Canon EF lens to Sony NEX adapter comes out, our existing customers will do what you say and try putting converted Contax N lenses on it, and also Contax 645 lenses by stacking a converted NAM-1 adapter, and publish the resulting images on various places.
peterv

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I'm interested in the possibility of adapting C645 lenses on Sony NEX too.

Can anyone please tell me if the above option, NAM-1 in combination with the Canon EF to NEX, works with AF and aperture control?

Thanks!
conurus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NAM-1 modified by Conurus works with a Metabones EF to E Speed Booster or an EF to E Smart Adapter (I, II or III). Auto aperture is supported. Autofocus is enabled on NEX-5R/NEX-6 only, but it is very slow.
peterv

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    conurus Forum Index -> Feature Enhancement Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: