conurus Forum Index conurus
smart adapters and lens mount conversions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AF with the Adapter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    conurus Forum Index -> Feature Enhancement Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rony

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:21 am    Post subject: AF with the Adapter Reply with quote

Sorry for my english...

i have a question.

Is the adapter/your electronic able to control the AF on canon lenses?

If it is not yet possible, it will it possible in the future?

Thanks Smile
conurus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point, autofocus is not supported.

We may add autofocus at a future date and a paid upgrade path may be available to existing owners. Here, 'may' means it may or may not happen. We recommend not making any purchase decisions based on an uncommitted future feature.

ManWearPants

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:55 am    Post subject: make AF available for Contax N lenses Reply with quote

Hi Bo-Ming,

I understand it may be difficult to implement and test AF for all EF mount lenses. How about having a special version, maybe call it NEX-EF N adapter, that allows converted Contax N lenses be able to AF using this adapter. I am sure there are others like myself who has a few converted Contax N lenses who don't really care about the other Canon lenses. And the reason for us converting Contax N lenses is to have AF. I am looking forward to using the 28-80 and 50/1.4 on the NEX with AF. I will also snap p 70-200, 70-300 when AF is available to make use of the OIS. I am sure being the bird who uncovered the Contax N to EF protocol, this is probably something that you can get up quickly and with less support issues to worry about.

Having a method to perform offsite firmware upgrade should also be seriously considered. Cost and time are being incurred for having to send lenses to and fro metabone. Nowadays, users are familiar with upgrading their phones software so this should not present too big a problem if sufficient instructions are provided. Understanding you are running a business, it is reasonable to charge a minor fee for downloads of major firmware upgrades or firmware upgrades after 3 years from conversion, features enhancements upgrades, etc. I am sure you will be able to find ways to manage your records for each conversion and to allow in place upgrades to reduce logistics and convenience.
conurus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy to announce that AF shipped on Monday and some of you may have already received your shipment. Mark II customers may upgrade for a shipping/handling charge of $50.

You are correct in that it is difficult (I would even say impossible) to support every EF mount lens on earth. Therefore, we enabled support only for lenses which work well on Sony NEX. Ironically, we are not able to get Contax N lenses modified by Conurus to autofocus satisfactorily on Sony NEX yet, so they will continue to be manual-focus only on NEX.

(BTW there is no in-body IS for Sony NEX. So you have IS if the lens is so equipped.)

ManD

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Quote:
Mark II customers may upgrade for a shipping/handling charge of $50

Only for the Mark II ? Surprised What about the original version ?

Thank you for your answer,

ED,
ManD

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

No answer yet !? Rolling Eyes

ED,
conurus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark I requires a hardware upgrade to be able to add AF. We are in the process of figuring out the details and will announce soon.
xpowayout

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we will make a decision on what to work on next. We will prioritize based on what benefits the highest number of photographers in the shortest research/development time.???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    conurus Forum Index -> Feature Enhancement Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: