conurus Forum Index conurus
smart adapters and lens mount conversions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

N17-35 does not mount on 5D MkII

Post new topic   Reply to topic    conurus Forum Index -> Contax N to Canon EF Mount Conversion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
huhging

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:08 pm    Post subject: N17-35 does not mount on 5D MkII Reply with quote

Bo Ming...
I have done few conversions with you, and this is a first time I'm having a problem...
I recently received N17-35 and N85, and N17-35 does not mount on my 5D MkII. I tried to mount it on my employee's 5D MkII also, just in case, but it also failed.

It is so tight that it won't even turn...
I almost damaged the rear element trying to unmount it....

Any solution here?
Do I have to send it back to you?
Or should I show to a local camera repair shop?

Please advise...

BTW, the N85 works beautifully...
conurus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every lens is tested at least 4 times at conurus, twice before conversion and twice after, and yours are no exception. We have several test cameras and a test on our 5D mark II is mandatory and we wouldn't have shipped it if the lens didn't pass our test.

That said, we are in fact using mounts now that are tighter than the ones we were using in the beginning years. By doing so, we were hoping to create a more solid mount which holds its tight tolerances even for such a heavy lens as the 17-35. However, if it does not work out for you, we would be more than happy to replace the mount of course if you would send it back. Please include the original copper shims as we will be using the same mount as your 85/1.4 this time (which is working) and that mount requires a different configuration of copper shims.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused but thank you in advance for giving us the opportunity to rectify this issue. We are confident that you will like it this time (if your 85/1.4 is working well for you).
huhging

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if temperature can cause this problem, but it just won't fit into the mount....
It took an awful lot of force to remove from the camera as well... It actually made me scare ...

Anyway, I will send the lens with the both original mounts, N17-35 and N85, because I am not sure which one is from N17-35....^^

BTW, how long will this take?

Thanks
conurus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since this is a rework of a problem it is handled at a high priority. Please declare as "defective merchandise returned to vendor for free repair under warranty".
huhging

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mailed the lens back you with the original mount...

Thank you in advance for your prompt service....Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    conurus Forum Index -> Contax N to Canon EF Mount Conversion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: