conurus Forum Index conurus
smart adapters and lens mount conversions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

focusing issues on the 24-85N

Post new topic   Reply to topic    conurus Forum Index -> Contax N to Canon EF Mount Conversion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Norman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:37 pm    Post subject: focusing issues on the 24-85N Reply with quote

I put my lens away after my last focusing post, because I need accuracy. I have now puchased the Canon 24-70L. I have no focusing issues with my new lens. I just tried to do a comparison between two lesnes. The 24-85N will not focus well with live view. It looks like it's focused, however when I view the pics on the computer they are blurry. No problem with the 24-70L, nor have I ever heard of focusing problems with it. The 24-85N does seem to focus on AF, OK at the distance that I am veiwing the charts, which is around 7 Ft. My AF issues with it are in low light at further distances. I feel that this lens is just not reliable for some reason. I did not want to purchase the 24-70L, but was forced to (it's still not paid for). I find that the answers to the focusing issues, that I have recieved are complicated and unclear. Does anyone have any easy answers.
conurus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was this contrast detect AF or quick AF?

In any case, we would very happy to tune your lens specifically to your camera body if you would send both of them in. Note that your 24-85 N lens can be configured at 4 different focal lengths and at infinity, medium focusing distance and at close focusing distance. All it takes is to match the lens specifically to your camera body.
Norman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for replying. I must not be using contrast detect, because I don't know what it is. Thank you for offering to adjust my camera and lens. I would have to pay for shipping both ways I assume, which would be around $100 right? Is there any way you can give me the exact instructions of what you would do to adjust it, before I go and pay for shipping? If you assume I know anythig or skip a step, I'll get screwed up. Thanks
Norman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bo,
I received your address label. Thank you
Would there be a charge to adjust this lens? How long would you need it for? Can you still give me some instructions to try first?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    conurus Forum Index -> Contax N to Canon EF Mount Conversion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: