conurus Forum Index conurus
smart adapters and lens mount conversions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Questions about orders, tracking, queue position
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14

Post new topic   Reply to topic    conurus Forum Index -> Contax N to Canon EF Mount Conversion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
upallnight

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:38 pm    Post subject: payment question Reply with quote

i sent some lenses off to conurus for conversion and they're safely in bo-ming's queue. i notice that the lenses were checked out immediately (and passed the tests) -- but i also notice that there is no status in the payment field.

i'm from the US and, as requested, included payment via cheque with the lenses.

is the cheque cashed only when the lenses are nearer to conversion (or when they are sent out)? i just want to make sure that nothing went wrong and that bo-ming has my payment in a timely fashion so that there is nothing to cause delay.

i'm still around #120 on the list, so it will be a little while.

thanks!
conurus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your inquiry. We have updated your tracking information to reflect your payment status. Thanks for your patronage.
hungmo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding my 4 lens - N85 / N17-35 / N100 / N70-300.
As trace from database, N85 / N17-35 / N100 already converted on 7/8 July, only the N70-300 (S/N:12682481) remain unconverted. Any problem with the N70-300 lens? Kindly please look into the case
conurus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your patronage. We will be accumulating a few more 70-300's before we will convert them all in a single batch, in order to achieve better consistency and better workmanship. Thank you very much!
upallnight

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

conurus wrote:
Thank you for your patronage. We will be accumulating a few more 70-300's before we will convert them all in a single batch, in order to achieve better consistency and better workmanship. Thank you very much!

bo-ming:
in a case where one sends in multiple lenses and one finishes much earlier than expected (for example, my 17-35 sent in on july 7th is listed as "modified", but my 50/1.4 could take another few months based on its position in the queue), is it possible to have the completed lens sent out?

i would be willing to pay appropriate fees, of course. this is not intended as a way to rush your work, but merely that i noticed one lens is listed as modified (fast!), and i have an opportunity to put it to some good use ASAP.

my 17-35 is listed as modified but #99 in the queue; my 50/1.4 is #98 in the queue. i'm sure there could be other work done on the 17-35 that i'm unaware of. i mean this only as a respectful request.

ps i was blown away when i logged in today to check on the status of the 17-35....the fact that it was listed as "modified" was a blazing fast turnaround....under a month from entry into canada!
upallnight

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome! both lenses are listed as "modified" and have tracking #s...but no shipping date (yet).

i plugged in a few other serial #s that i found in this thread and see it can sometimes take a month to ship them out, but i'm hopeful this will not be the case for my lenses.

i'm really, really impressed with the turnaround time. even with a "worst case" (if it does take 4 weeks to ship them to me, plus 2 weeks of delivery time), that would mean 14 weeks TOTAL from the day i shipped the lenses, and only 10 of those weeks would the lenses have been in the possession of conurus.

i'm thinking/hoping if they ship soon it could be as little as 10 weeks total, and 6 weeks for the lenses in the possession of conurus.

woo-hoo! thank you!
upallnight

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clearly, i'm a little excited, but i think my experience may be helpful to some others.

as of today, i've got a shipping date!

looks like conurus use canada post's "xpresspost" service to the usa, which is stated as delivery in 3-5 days. (of course, i suppose there can always be delays at customs.)

anyway, when i was first submitting lenses for delivery, i was very curious about turnaround times. on the product page, there is a claim of 4.6 months (based on their backlog and 2009 service record).

i'm not sure how typical my experience is, but i sent in 2 lenses for conversion. they arrived in canada on july 7th and have reportedly been shipped today. that's about 5.5 weeks!! (including shipping time, this is probably equal to about 9 weeks total, from the minute it left my hands.)

i was settling in for a longer wait, and i wanted to report this information for anyone who might be wondering about typical return times. i'd naturally plan for the longest stated wait time, but one might be pleasantly surprised.

thank you, bo-ming!
hungmo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waiting for my 70-300mm (S/N:12682XXX) to be converted.... Hope to get back all of my 4 lens soon... Thanks Bo-Ming.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    conurus Forum Index -> Contax N to Canon EF Mount Conversion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14
Page 14 of 14

Jump to: