conurus Forum Index conurus
smart adapters and lens mount conversions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sigma connector

Post new topic   Reply to topic    conurus Forum Index -> Contax N to Canon EF Mount Conversion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mOnAmis

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:38 pm    Post subject: Sigma connector Reply with quote

I note fromyour new installation instructions that you requre a Sigma contact block. Are you not able to supply this? Or are they easy to get from Sigma?

I don't mean to pester but do you have any delivery dates yet. Iv'e just purchased a 5D and I would like to get going ASAP.

Many thanks
conurus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sigma America's service is great. You call them up, or email them with what you need, and give your credit card info on their web payment page. It is $10 a piece.

I am not able to get a large quantity from them. However, buying a few has never been an issue so far.

Sorry but I do not wish to give any more dates, given that I have not been able to meet them in the past anyway. Instead, I will make an announcement by sending to all board members by email when they are ready. Going forward, I wish to become more like Canon in this regard, don't say anything until it is (almost) ready for sale. This in my opinion would avoid customer disappointment. I do not wish to be like let's say Mamiya, telling people what you would sell a year or two later.
conurus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you've got more lens connectors than you need, send them to us! You get a $20 credit per connector you send in towards your order. [edit: This offer has ended as of 2007/01/17. We have got enough lens connectors by now. Thanks to all customers who have supported us through this program!]

Last edited by conurus on Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:14 pm; edited 3 times in total
mOnAmis

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:49 am    Post subject: Sigma conectors Reply with quote

I have magaed to get 2 connectors from Sigma UK. They do not look exactly like the ones in you Install Photos. The plastic bit seems lonser and the pins are oblong instead of round. If I can get more I will send some to you.
MomoInu

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In fact, all you really have to do to order the Sigma connectors is to go to Sigma's website and go to the on-line payment form under "Service".
see: http://www.sigmaphoto.com/sigmaonlinemall/ebay_form.asp
At the bottom there is a drop-down menu for the heading "Payment For" select "parts/accessory order" and fill out the part number ("9270038", include quantity), part description ("'Electric Contact Case' for 28-80/3.5-5.6 lens in Canon mount" or "Contact Housing assemblies - Canon"; include quantity), price (quantity x $10 each), shipping (free), total and you're done. You don't even have to talk to them.
conurus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys in the US are lucky. I tried ordering those in Canada almost 2 months ago but still not being able to get anything.

(Their order page requires a credit card with a US billing address.)

conurus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyway, there are 2 known variants of the Sigma 8-pin connector. Both has been tried and shown to work. The older variant is shown on the Install page of my web site. Sigma may ship you either one. I will try to take a picture of the newer one when I have time.
conurus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please do not mistakenly order a mount! We do not need a Sigma mount. We need a Sigma lens connector. (Plastic connector block with 8 electrical pins)
conurus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect that Sigma America now has a 5 piece limit. I tried ordering more but they charged me only 5.

I do not know if they know what we are doing with the lens connectors. Maybe it is just that too many customers are ordering it and they decided to limit the number each customer may buy.

Running a parts department is, to them, only a necessary evil. The cost of stocking and distributing spare parts is high, and a large influx of orders for a particular part would disturb its normal operations. Therefore, on the whole I feel very grateful to them for supplying us with what we need.

gatorine

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:56 pm    Post subject: Shipping to South Florida was $7 Reply with quote

Just so you are not surprised when you get an invoice for $57 (assuming you order five connectors and have them shipped somewhere in the U.S.)

MomoInu wrote:
In fact, all you really have to do to order the Sigma connectors is to go to Sigma's website and go to the on-line payment form under "Service".
see: http://www.sigmaphoto.com/sigmaonlinemall/ebay_form.asp
At the bottom there is a drop-down menu for the heading "Payment For" select "parts/accessory order" and fill out the part number ("9270038", include quantity), part description ("'Electric Contact Case' for 28-80/3.5-5.6 lens in Canon mount" or "Contact Housing assemblies - Canon"; include quantity), price (quantity x $10 each), shipping (free), total and you're done. You don't even have to talk to them.
MomoInu

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Shipping to South Florida was $7 Reply with quote

gatorine wrote:
Just so you are not surprised when you get an invoice for $57 (assuming you order five connectors and have them shipped somewhere in the U.S.)

They added shipping to your charge. Sorry about that. I've ordered 3 connectors twice and was billed $30 total each time. I think it some cases it is a matter who you get filling or taking your order. One person at Sigma I talked to over the phone tried to charge me $25 each for the connectors. I corrected her, she then recognized her error and gave me the correct cost.
jjlphoto

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

conurus wrote:
[edit: This offer has ended as of 2007/01/17. We have got enough lens connectors by now.

Does this mean that I do not have to supply my own Sigma part when I send in a lens for conversion?

Thanks, John
conurus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes!

It is $20 extra if you purchase the connector from us.

You are advised to continue to buy it from Sigma if you have many lenses to convert. They charge only $10 each, and you may order up to 5 at a time. Sometimes they charge $5 shipping, sometimes they don't.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    conurus Forum Index -> Contax N to Canon EF Mount Conversion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: