conurus Forum Index conurus
smart adapters and lens mount conversions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Questions about orders, tracking, queue position
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    conurus Forum Index -> Contax N to Canon EF Mount Conversion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
conurus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Status report: we are unfortunately behind our original schedule.

This week, we are working on all 100/2.8 lenses.

Next week we will work on all 50/1.4's.

We are done with most 17-35, 28-80, 70-200, 85/1.4 and 400/4 lenses.

We have done about half of the 24-85 and 70-300 lenses before we ran out of mounting parts. We have already placed an order to make a new batch in October and we expect it to get done in December, when the conversion of 70-300 and 24-85 will resume. The month of November will be focused on 100/2.8 and 50/1.4, with no capacity left for 24-85 and 70-300 anyway.

tsukamos

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:28 am    Post subject: Payment record Reply with quote

I sent 2 lens and am waiting for its conversion or return. Recently I found "Payment date" column on tracking information but one out of 2 lens tracking information has blank column though I payed both lens already. And more I received payment confirmation e-mail from conrus, actually coneos, in September.
As I sent e-mail asking this confirmation but it's not updated yet.

I of course will wait its conversion and return on the long line, but want to make sure my payment was done at your side.

Tracking information says that this lens was already converted 2 weeks ago but payment is not done yet.

So I'm worry about it. Sad
conurus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for letting us know. We have updated our database records with your payment information.

We apologize because our email spam filter was set too high and wrongly regarded your email as spam. We have lowered our spam filter level and also added your email address to our white list. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

conurus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Latest status updates:

We had an unfortunate glitch with the 50/1.4 conversions. While those with serial numbers 1271xxxx worked fine about half of the ones with serial numbers 1272xxxx suffered from an AF malfunction. I am attempting to find a resolution but this has been a time sink for me and slows down everything else.

We have word from our machinists that our new batch of mounts is now in the final step of anodization. Conversions of 24-85 and 70-300 lenses will resume in mid-December in accordance with our schedule. We appreciate your patience in the meantime. Our Christmas is going to be a very busy one.
huhging

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:16 pm    Post subject: Waiting on 3 lenses.... Reply with quote

Do you think I can get the converted lenses for Christmas gift?
I only have 2 lenses at the moment...and it's tough to survive on those.

Bo Ming, be a Santa please.... Laughing
conurus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Latest status update: we just took delivery of a new batch of mounts last Friday. We will be working into Christmas and we will be converting about 30 Vario-Sonnar 24-85's over the coming week and the week after. These are scheduled to be shipped in the week after Christmas so we apologize but they will not make it before Christmas.
pacific1117

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Boming,

Have all the 50/1.4s been converted as scheduled in Nov? Just wondering...I did not get the conversion update on my 50 yet. Razz Razz
Happy holidays to you and your family!!
conurus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. Not every 50/1.4 was converted in November for various reasons. We apologize for the delay but your lens will be serviced in the next "cycle".
wingwing

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:11 pm    Post subject: Sending three lenses for conversion Reply with quote

I'll pack three lenses for conversion this weekend.

1) 50 1.4
2) 70-200 F3.5
3) 24-85.

How long will it take to convert all three? Do i pay now or after conversion is complete?
conurus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on the amount of backlog we have accumulated and our historical capacity data we estimate your turnaround time will be 9.9 months. We are expanding and looking forward to decrease our turnaround time significantly in the future.

Please feel free to wait until your lenses show a modified date in our lens tracking database (which means we have converted your lenses) before paying using our shopping cart.
thchung

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:39 am    Post subject: 100/2.8 Reply with quote

Dear Bo Ming,
Have you completed the conversion of 100/2.8 in November according to your schedule? Can I have my lens before Chinese New Year? My current position is 129. I am waiting for about 9 months (including the time to Japan for repair). Pls ..........

Merry X'mas.

TH Chung
conurus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry but if a lens fails our AF test and have to be forwarded to Contax Japan it would significantly increase the turnaround time. We have scheduled your lens to be converted in the first week of 2010.
conurus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

conurus wrote:
Sorry to report but I don't think so. We received your lenses on 2009-09-18 and while we are working tirelessly day and night to serve you and all other customers they will be unlikely finished in 1.5 months.

The only "official" estimate we can give you is 8.4 months as reported on our web site last month and that was when you shipped your lenses to us. It is calculated by counting the number of lenses we have, divided by our historical monthly capacity. Using this formula it was 8.4 months at the beginning of September and shot up to 12.4 months in October. We have expanded our capacity and we are in fact working way more faster now, but the problem is, the number of orders have increased just as much or even more. Our capacity has to increase more than the increase of orders before our estimate figure will drop. I am working on that - to the point of my wife not being very happy about me not getting enough sleep, and that whenever she sees me I am always holding a soldering iron - but I took your order and I am responsible for serving you, and every other valued customer, in the shortest possible turnaround time.

Thank you to all patrons who have made 2009 a successful year for conurus.

Now that 2009 is behind us, we have updated the denominator of our formula with capacity data collected over 2009. Using the new formula the estimated turnaround time sits at 5.7 months now.

Every month since October we have been modifying more lenses than we have received. Our backlog has stopped accumulating and started receding. We will continue to make improvements to service your lenses in the shortest possible turnaround time while still maintaining the strictest quality control standards. Thank you for your patience in the meantime.
huhging

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:28 am    Post subject: Happy New Year.... Reply with quote

Hi, Bo Ming...
Since you're quoting your answer after my question, can I assume that I'll be able to receive my 3 lenses on February?

Thank you, and Happy New Year....
conurus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your order was finished ahead of schedule and it has already been shipped. I'd expect the package to arrive in mid-January. Thank you for your orders!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    conurus Forum Index -> Contax N to Canon EF Mount Conversion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 11 of 14

Jump to: