conurus Forum Index conurus
smart adapters and lens mount conversions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Direct mail from US to conurus / interest in converted 24-85

Post new topic   Reply to topic    conurus Forum Index -> Contax N to Canon EF Mount Conversion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iwert

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:48 pm    Post subject: Direct mail from US to conurus / interest in converted 24-85 Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm new here. Is it possible to have a lens sent directly to conurus from the US, and after conversion conurus sends it to Belgium? That way I do not have double shipping costs and taxes.

Any idea how much time a 24-85 would take?

Otherwise, I'ld be interested in a direct offer on a converted 24-85 as well.

Best regards,

Iwert
conurus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes absolutely, but with 2 precautions. I presume you are buying your lens from a vendor in the US.

1, Please have the vendor very clearly put your Belgium address in the package to make sure we do not send back to the wrong address.

2, The sender in the US must be willing to ship by US Postal Service. We are unable to receive any packages from UPS, FedEx, DHL or any other couriers because our building is well locked and only the postman can come in. Some of the couriers charge the recipient hidden fees which we will have to transfer to you and bill you for that. Sorry for being this verbose but the couriers have created a lot of inconvenience for us in the past. Just stick with the post office and all will be fine.

Turnaround time is approximately 2 months.

iwert

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:40 pm    Post subject: many thanks! Reply with quote

If the seller agrees with the terms for shipping and handling I'll let you know as well and will proceed this way. I'm very interested in the lens, but the size is the one thing I am thinking about. I'm used to zuiko lenses on a 5D Smile.

I hear there might be problems with vignetting on a 5D mkII @ 85mm wide open, is that true?

Best regards,

Iwert
doctorb

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:08 am    Post subject: My experience with the 24-85 on the 5D II Reply with quote

So far this lens has performed very well on my 5dII. At first I was going to sell it because it doesn't feel as well built as the Canon 24-70L which I also own plus the push-pull set-up feels less solid to me. But when I compared images, once again I prefer the "Zeiss look" (colors and contrast) over the Canon. The sharpness is about equal, maybe a slight edge for the L. Canon teles rule, but not for focal lengths 100mm or shorter.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    conurus Forum Index -> Contax N to Canon EF Mount Conversion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: