conurus Forum Index conurus
smart adapters and lens mount conversions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is it possible for contax 645 lens to Hasselblad H body ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    conurus Forum Index -> 645 and 6x6 Medium Format
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lulumi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:02 am    Post subject: Is it possible for contax 645 lens to Hasselblad H body ? Reply with quote

Hi Conurus
It's wonderful for convertong N-mount to EOS.
I konw it will be seen the contax 645-lens to EOS.
Is it possible for contax-645-lens to Hasselblad H body by adaptor ?
In my opinion ,645-lens to H1 will be the new hope for all contax-645 users. Of course , 645-lens to EOS is also a good resolution for disgitalizing.
Thanks
conurus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not have a Hasselblad H system so I don't know if it is technically possible. If you have both systems, try holding a Contax 645 lens in front of a Hasselblad H body to see if you could achieve infinity focus with that combination and let us know!
Lulumi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

conurus wrote:
I do not have a Hasselblad H system so I don't know if it is technically possible. If you have both systems, try holding a Contax 645 lens in front of a Hasselblad H body to see if you could achieve infinity focus with that combination and let us know!

Yes
I had tried holding the contax lens in front of H body, it could be achieved focus OK.
conurus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the information! It is good to know that at least we can achieve infinity focus with that combination.

However, let me set the expectations appropriately. There are many combinations with potential but if I try to work on them all I will get nothing achieved successfully. I always tell myself to stay focused and work on one thing at a time. The Contax/Canon project has not been completely finished. The highest priority of the company is to wrap it up and support all 9 N-mount lenses as well as all the 645 lenses. Next, I have some other stuff on the roadmap, which I am not able to disclose for the moment. So, it will take a long long time, if ever, for the Hasselblad H project to become a reality. If we wish to expedite this, I wish we can find a partner to share the work, the risk and the profit (if any). I hope I do not need to figure out the Hasselblad H protocol myself but a strategic partner can do that part and then we can write the translation firmware together.
Lulumi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's good information for all contax 645 users.

Please let me know once the adaptor for 645 to EOS becomes available, so I can order it.

Thanks.
jjlphoto

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Hasselblad H system could be a difficult endeavor. The new H3 system has rendered all the H1 lenses obsolete. It appears Hasselblad is doing whatever it can to create a closed loop system with built-in obsolescence, so any protocols would most likely not transfer from one system to the next. (Just a hunch.)
norton

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jjlphoto wrote:
The Hasselblad H system could be a difficult endeavor. The new H3 system has rendered all the H1 lenses obsolete. It appears Hasselblad is doing whatever it can to create a closed loop system with built-in obsolescence, so any protocols would most likely not transfer from one system to the next. (Just a hunch.)

How are H1 lenses obsolete? There's really no difference from the H1 to H2 to H3, other than Hasselblad locking H1/2s out of the 28mm.
wdnned

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is impossible to convert Contax 645 - lenses for Hasselblad H - System. The Hasselblad-lenses have a central shutter in every lens, and no shutter in the camera. The Contax 645 had a focal-plane shutter in the body, not in the lens. So if you convert the Contax-lens mechanically to Hasselblad you will get a system without shutter.
budokaidave

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:08 pm    Post subject: Hasselblad lense conversion? Reply with quote

Hi All
I would like to know is it possible to convert the hasselblad 60-120mm CFI zoom to eos mount canon? I do have the conversion adapter but you have to stop down, and its not the same, Also it does have electronic contacts made for the 200 series focal plain shutter cameras.

Thanks
BudokaiDave
conurus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We may look into the Hasselblad V mount in the future but right now the highest priority is the development of the Contax 645 to EF adapter.
Fotografz

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: Is it possible for contax 645 lens to Hasselblad H body Reply with quote

Lulumi wrote:
Hi Conurus
In my opinion ,645-lens to H1 will be the new hope for all contax-645 users. Of course , 645-lens to EOS is also a good resolution for disgitalizing.
Thanks

A few general observations:

as mentioned, the H system is a leaf shutter lens camera (so is the Hy6). The C645 lenses do not have a central shutter = no shutter.

There is growing interest in a Hasselblad H system Focal Plane Shutter camera body. If that ever becomes a reality, then the possibility is there.

To many "IFs" to worry about it now IMO.

V lenses to EOS is also a waste of time. Auto stop down is achieved mechanically, not electronically.

A CF adapter to use Zeiss C, CFi and CFE lenses on a Hasselblad H camera already exists. It has a mechanical way to re-cock the shutter and provide automatic stop down shooting.

IMO, the lens system to hack is the Sony/Zeiss AF to use on a Canon 1DsMKIII. The current Sony AF lenses from Zeiss are 85/1.4, 135/1.8 and 24-70/2.8 ... the 135/1.8 is an incredible lens ... with more to come.
Lulumi

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Is it possible for contax 645 lens to Hasselblad H body Reply with quote

Fotografz wrote:
Lulumi wrote:
Hi Conurus
Thanks

A few general observations:

as mentioned, the H system is a leaf shutter lens camera (so is the Hy6). The C645 lenses do not have a central shutter = no shutter.

There is growing interest in a Hasselblad H system Focal Plane Shutter camera body. If that ever becomes a reality, then the possibility is there.

To many "IFs" to worry about it now IMO.

V lenses to EOS is also a waste of time. Auto stop down is achieved mechanically, not electronically.

A CF adapter to use Zeiss C, CFi and CFE lenses on a Hasselblad H camera already exists. It has a mechanical way to re-cock the shutter and provide automatic stop down shooting.

IMO, the lens system to hack is the Sony/Zeiss AF to use on a Canon 1DsMKIII. The current Sony AF lenses from Zeiss are 85/1.4, 135/1.8 and 24-70/2.8 ... the 135/1.8 is an incredible lens ... with more to come.

Where can I find or buy the hack method or adaptor for sony AF to EOS?
Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    conurus Forum Index -> 645 and 6x6 Medium Format All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: