conurus Forum Index conurus
smart adapters and lens mount conversions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New, third generation conurus circuit board

Post new topic   Reply to topic    conurus Forum Index -> Contax N to Canon EF Mount Conversion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Does your converted 24-85 with the old circuit board autofocus reliably?
Very reliable and always working! Why are you closing your store?
80%
 80%  [ 4 ]
It has failed before but the rotate manual focus ring trick fixed it.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
It just failed. No trick can fix it no matter how hard I try.
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

conurus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:05 am    Post subject: New, third generation conurus circuit board Reply with quote

As a temporary measure until 2010/04 we are accepting new orders for 50/1.4 and 100/2.8 only. If you have already shipped your lenses to us you are not affected by this, but please do not send us any lens other than 50/1.4 and 100/2.8 before 2010/04. We are redesigning our circuit board for improved AF speed and reliability and we would like your new orders to benefit from this new technology. We apologize for any inconvience caused.

Last edited by conurus on Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:44 am; edited 5 times in total
conurus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I apologize for the inconvenience but the reason which prompted the partial closure was that a small percentage of Vario-Sonnar 24-85's have poor autofocus reliability on some camera bodies but work well on some others.

http://support.conurus.com/viewtopic.php?t=506

We are developing a new resolution to deal with this which involves a major redesign of our circuit board. We have been working on this redesign since last June and will take a few more months to put into production. We do not wish to take any chance using the old circuit board as it is extremely costly to replace (labour, shipping, parts, etc.). We want to get it right the first time for you.

If you would accept that there will be a significant delay while waiting for this new circuit board, please feel free to submit your lens now and get queued. At our discretion, if upon receiving your lens and we find that it would likely autofocus reliably over a wide range of camera bodies we would convert it using the old circuit board right away.

As I said I have been working on this since last June and, after a number of failed attempts and countless late nights, I built a successful prototype just a couple of days ago. It worked so well that even some Vario-Sonnar 24-85 lenses which autofocus sluggishly on a Contax N1 now autofocus smoothly on various Canon bodies (5D2, 1Ds, D60, XT, Rebel G).

For existing customers: no action needs to be taken if the autofocus has been working well for you. Otherwise, please hold onto your lens for now even if your lens has a problem. We will arrange for your circuit board to get replaced. Details will be announced later.

Thank you very much in advance for your understanding, support and patronage!

tinyau09

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Conurus. your continues effort into this subject is much appreciated by all of us!
gatorine

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:42 pm    Post subject: Does the partial closure apply to NAM-1 conversions as well? Reply with quote

I was planning to send my NAM-1 in for conversion this week. Do I need to hold off on sending it until April?

Please advise.
conurus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please feel free to send it in now. However, we may not be able to work on it until April. Thanks!
den_hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there!

My 24-85 is on 66 queue position.

Please clarify: my lens will be converted with application of new redesigned circuit board or not?

Thanks for your reply.
conurus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your lens will be equipped with the newly designed circuit board. Thank you!
conurus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am happy to report that the new circuit board arrived ahead of schedule. We are resuming all conversion services normally.

If you have a 24-85 and you have an AF problem, please email us and discuss with us first. We will try to determine if a circuit board replacement will fix the problem.

How do I tell if my lens is equipped with the new circuit board?

Using the lens tracking function

http://en.conurus.com/track.php

The first two digits of "circuit board#" were the year when the circuit board was made. The previous second-generation circuit boards were made in 06, 07 and 08. The new third-generation circuit boards were made in 10.
jack_zeiss

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:58 am    Post subject: Improve Tele Apo-Tessar 400mm AF speed ??? Reply with quote

Will you also install this new circuit board on TAT 400mm?
Will it improve the AF speed of 400mm?

Thanks
hungmo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the new circuit board only install on 24-85mm lens conversion? As seen my 28-80mm / 70-200mm lens just converted but the circuit board used seems to be second generation "07" circuit board (If I'm not mistaken from the board#). If the AF speed & realiability of 3rd generation circuit board is better than the 2nd generation one, can I request to install the 3rd generation circuit for my lens? Thanks for your great effort in researching the protocol & converting the lens mount for us!
conurus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to properly clarify our claims and set the expectation properly. There are a small percentage of 24-85's which autofocus slowly, slugguishly or unreliably. The new circuit board makes them faster and bring them up to the normal speed. It has a negligible effect on most lenses, and no effect at all on the 28-80, 70-200 and 400/4.
tinyau09

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

conurus wrote:
I am happy to report that the new circuit board arrived ahead of schedule. We are resuming all conversion services normally.

If you have a 24-85 and you have an AF problem, please email us and discuss with us first. We will try to determine if a circuit board replacement will fix the problem.

hello Conurus,

I sent the N24-85 to you with s/n 12696728, which is a F in the AF test. Was it due to the old-circuit board or a failure in the ultrasound motor? I'm very worrying my best lens... Thanks.
conurus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't started looking at that lens yet. We will know soon. All I can say at this point is, I will do my best fixing it. I will bring you good news soon.
tinyau09

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

conurus wrote:
I haven't started looking at that lens yet. We will know soon. All I can say at this point is, I will do my best fixing it. I will bring you good news soon.

Thank you so much Conurus.
Looking forward to your good news...

Feel free to contact me if you have any result. Thank you again
ManWearPants

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikestrepps wrote:
Conurus Circuit board is just a cheap and easy if you know how to do it. And its a Method of Laser-Toner-Heat-transfer. It is the cheapest method that is less expensive. Before to use this You need a laser printer. and You need a PCB designer program that keeps true to the size of your PCB and you need to find the kind of paper that works best for you.

what is your point?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    conurus Forum Index -> Contax N to Canon EF Mount Conversion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: