conurus Forum Index conurus
smart adapters and lens mount conversions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

N Mount to Canon EF Mount and NAM-1 converter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    conurus Forum Index -> 645 and 6x6 Medium Format
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dedok

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:40 am    Post subject: NAM adapter? Reply with quote

A quick question. Do you have any plans to adapt NAM adapter? I'd like to use my Contax 645 glass on my Canon camera. Thank you in advance.
conurus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am working on a standalone C645 -> EOS adapter. The circuit and the firmware will be slightly different from the existing N-mount conversions, so I will not be converting the NAM-1, but I will be starting from scratch.

Initial feedback shows that there is strong demand for a shift adapter, which would make use of the larger image circle offered by C645 lenses for either architectural or panoramic photography.

I have been looking at/talking to a number of shift adapter manufacturers in the hope of forming a partnership with them, with them manufacturing the shift mechanism and us supplying the electronics. Hopefully, this will materialize soon. If you know of some lesser known, but nevertheless high quality shift adapter manufacturer, let me know and I will try to talk them into working with me.

dedok

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news, thank you!
The only manufacturers I know about are Ukrainians making some optics and adapters. Their brand is "Hartblei" and kievcamera.com is their web site. I purchased some adapters from then (Hassy -> Contax 645 to be precise) and I was pleased by the quality. So, you might try to contact them.
Uli Ploedereder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

conurus wrote:
I am working on a standalone C645 -> EOS adapter.

Hello conurus!

I'm really sorry bothering you with this re-occurring question: What's the status quo of the aforementioned C645 -> EOS adapter? Anything new on your roadmap? Can you already estimate how much it will cost?

Thank you very much for your really great work!

Uli
albertoferrero

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:58 am    Post subject: manufacturer for shift adapter Reply with quote

conurus wrote:
I am working on a standalone C645 -> EOS adapter. The circuit and the firmware will be slightly different from the existing N-mount conversions, so I will not be converting the NAM-1, but I will be starting from scratch.

Initial feedback shows that there is strong demand for a shift adapter, which would make use of the larger image circle offered by C645 lenses for either architectural or panoramic photography.

I have been looking at/talking to a number of shift adapter manufacturers in the hope of forming a partnership with them, with them manufacturing the shift mechanism and us supplying the electronics. Hopefully, this will materialize soon. If you know of some lesser known, but nevertheless high quality shift adapter manufacturer, let me know and I will try to talk them into working with me.
Quote:

Hi,
I knew Zoerkendorfer (zoerk) in Munich who manufcture shifting devices,
and PK in Italy (near Venice) who produces adapters and attachments.
Have you already been in contact with them?

I would like to buy the contax 645 adapter to eos1ds body, as soon as it will be available: could you please keep me informed. Thanks.
europanorama

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:24 am    Post subject: Freeeye-orbital lens-shift adapter Reply with quote

www.freeeye.com
http://www.shutterbug.com/show_reports/0599sb_mediumformat/
870 euro

sorry it was not freeview

Last edited by europanorama on Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Ellimac

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:13 pm    Post subject: N Mount to Canon EF Mount and NAM-1 converter Reply with quote

This may be a stupid question. The NAM-1 converter adapts the Contax 645 lenses to the Contax N system.
Is it then not enough to make the adaptation for EF mount to the NAM-1 to have one adapter that allows the use of all Contax 645 lenses on EF mount camera's?
conurus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have found that our N mount technology cannot be applied directly and we need to modify the circuitry and the firmware quite a bit for 645. Therefore, we have decided to not use the NAM-1 adapter, but will build the C645 to EF adapter from scratch.
daoster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:09 pm    Post subject: NAM adapter? Reply with quote

I also have Contax 645, Contax N and Contax G2 systems. Obviously, I am very interested in the conversion of this Zeiss glasses to DSLR system. I also use NAM adapter, so besides the two CN zoom lens (24-85mm, 70-300mm), I also use the C645 lenses on the CN body. Although I think the 35mm camera cannot use the full capability of these big glasses (just my opinion). I live in Seattle, only 2 - 3 hours away from Vancouver. Conurus - do you have a retail shop to show your products?
Antonz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:49 am    Post subject: Possibility of C645 to EF adapter Reply with quote

Hi Bo Ming, do you personally have a feeling that C645 adapter will be a successful invention like N to EF adapter ?
It's our great hope that you could make another leap here...
And it's great to have someone like you on this planet !
Vive le Contax !!!

Cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    conurus Forum Index -> 645 and 6x6 Medium Format All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: