conurus Forum Index conurus
smart adapters and lens mount conversions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Introducing conversion of NAM-1 adapter
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    conurus Forum Index -> 645 and 6x6 Medium Format
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arlen

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 2:54 pm    Post subject: Lens adaptor arrived Reply with quote

Hello Conurus,

My Nam-1 arrived in Vancouver and was cleared by Canada customs on the 4th. I understand that you don't pick up except Sundays - so will be watching the tracking info for update.

My USPS tracking number is: EH91 6463 460U S. When you enter it in the tracking system do you include the alpa characters or just the numeric?

Thanks,

Arlen
conurus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

both letters and digits without spaces. Thanks!
photodork

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 7:13 pm    Post subject: NAM-1 a tight fit? Reply with quote

I just recieved a NAM-1 adapter that I will be sending in for conversion (when I save up the needed money.) It fits very tightly on the 645 lenses. Almost like I'm afraid it will break something in taking it on and off. Is this common with the adapters or might I have a bad copy?
Thanks!
conurus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the 645 lenses fit very tightly and sometimes hard to turn on NAM-1 adapters. That is perfectly normal.

Since NAM-1 adapters have no serial numbers, we are assigning our own serial numbers to converted NAM-1 adapters for the purpose of checking out using our shopping cart. You may find your assigned serial number if you track your order using your post office tracking number.

photodork

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:03 pm    Post subject: tight adapters Reply with quote

Thanks! I appreciate the reassurance.
conurus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are also supporting the Distagon 55/3.5 because one of the customers kindly pointed me to a copy for sale at an acceptable price.

The restriction concerning lens change was also lifted. You may change the 645 lens while the adapter is remaining on the camera body. This is because we made further enhancements to our electronic circuitry.

AF microadjustment is supported and the converted NAM-1 adapter will remember settings for up to 8 Contax 645 lenses. However, there is a limitation that the 45-90 zoom shares the settings with D45, D55 and P80. If you adjust using P80 the setting will affect the tele-end of 45-90 as well, for example, and setting the wide-end of 45-90 will affect the D45 as well.

Non-electronic, non-Contax manual focus lenses in C645 mount such as the Arsat 30mm fisheye and the Hartblei 45mm Super-rotator will not work, and the camera body will give an "Err 01" when you trip the shutter because it is unable to communicate electronically with the 645 lens. Only electronic 645 lenses made by Contax are supported. A workaround for using non-electronic lenses on a converted NAM-1 adapter is to not fully mount it on the camera body, but turn it back about 5 degrees. That severes all electronic communications between the converted NAM-1 adapter and the Canon camera body and the camera will gladly take an exposure without giving any error messages.

There is no direct aperture control using the lens' own aperture ring in movie capture mode for the Makro-Planar 4/120, although it is supported on all other Contax 645 lenses. With the Makro-Planar 4/120 you can still set the aperture in 'M' mode on the camera body so this is not going to be a problem for anyone.

Arlen

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you begun conversions on the Nam-1 adaptors? In another thread you mentioned that you were held up while solving an issue with them.

Thanks,

Arlen
conurus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not yet, we are manufacturing a new batch of circuit boards just for Contax 645. They are being made right now and we will start converting NAM-1's at the end of June.
Arlen

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the quick reply.

Arlen
focusing.screen

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Conurus,

Will the converted NAM-1 be able to operate with the Contax 645 Extension Tubes and Mutar 1.4X?
conurus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Contax 645 extension tubes and the Mutar 1.4x are not supported. You are advised to use Canon-mount extension tubes and teleconverters instead.
jayrog

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:32 pm    Post subject: is it worth it? Reply with quote

I am an enormous fan of the Contax 645 optics, but the format was beautiful as well. Can someone who has used this converter chime in and tell me what they think of the larger, better quality glass elements versus the canon optics?
Arlen

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When my nam-1 first showed up in the tracking info it showed an error in thickness of -4.000. It now shows an error of -20.000. Is this something that will cause a problem in conversion?

Regards,

Arlen
conurus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well we haven't started working on your NAM-1 yet, so the error figure is meaningless at this point. After it has been converted the error is supposed to be less than +/- 0.020mm.
Arlen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, thanks for the info. The -20 seemed like a large variance.

Regards,

Arlen
Post new topic   Reply to topic    conurus Forum Index -> 645 and 6x6 Medium Format All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: