conurus Forum Index conurus
smart adapters and lens mount conversions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GB-76 part

Post new topic   Reply to topic    conurus Forum Index -> Contax N to Canon EF Mount Conversion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tom Berkowski

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:03 am    Post subject: GB-76 part Reply with quote

I knocked over my camera w/50 planar attached. One foot fall so nothing wrong except my GB-76 hood broke. There is a small plastic ring inside the metal hood. That small plastic ring broke where screws attach to metal hood.

Doe anyone have an idea where I can buy that replacement part?
Tom Berkowski

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As follow up, USA service is out of the part for this hood. (They said they had only a couple spare rings for larger hoods.) They said Contax Japan doesn't have them either. I called UK, and they don't have any.

SKGrimes can convert my hood to a threaded mount for $75 (which I don't want) or replace the bayonet mount for $800. (That would take a full day of manufacture.) As much as I'd like to keep hoods in circulation, it's better for me to just buy another one at far less than $800.

I don't suppose I can get about 20 people to go in with me to split the cost of manufacture, can I? Come on, your GB-76 will need that part eventually.
Tom Berkowski

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another follow up. SKGrimes just fixed the existing bayonet ring at minimal cost. I have lens & hood back now, and it works fine.

For wait perspective, SKGrimes also has a long wait on work. Mine was gone for a couple months (granted with some holidays in there). Work just takes time, repairs or full lens modifications like Conurus does.
mwtphoto

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how was the ring repaired? did he glue it? I just did the same to mine and it broke in the same place.
Tom Berkowski

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Added one add'l screw on each side of the screw that broke through the plastic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    conurus Forum Index -> Contax N to Canon EF Mount Conversion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: