conurus Forum Index conurus
smart adapters and lens mount conversions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FIXED: compatibility problem with D60

Post new topic   Reply to topic    conurus Forum Index -> Contax N to Canon EF Mount Conversion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
conurus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:37 am    Post subject: FIXED: compatibility problem with D60 Reply with quote

One of our customers reported that our mount does not work with D60, but it works on another camera. Given that we test every unit we ship and that the converted lens worked on another body, chances of a defect in the mount is slim. It appears more likely to be a firmware issue (i.e. bug).

For new customers, if you have a D60, I would recommend you to hold on until we fully understand the issue before you purchase from us.

For existing customers, if you have a D60 or you can borrow one, please let us know and do us a huge favour by trying your converted lens on it. If that also doesn't work, it would conclusively prove we have a firmware bug.

Also, I will start looking around on that popular auction site called eBay and try to purchase a D60 for a good price for our test lab. Then, we will be able to understand the problem. Please allow us some time while we resolve this.

Thank you!

Last edited by conurus on Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
conurus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I purchased a D60 myself a few days ago, and confirmed that there was in fact a compatibility problem. It is rather intermittent and half of the time the lens fails to communicate with the camera, displaying 00 on the top LCD panel.

If you do not use the D60, we recommend you take no action. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

If you use the D60, we will be very happy to service your mount for US$20 to cover shipping and handling. A minor circuit modification will be performed, and the firmware will be updated. I am not finished with the firmware fix yet, but I expect it to be ready either tomorrow or the day after.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    conurus Forum Index -> Contax N to Canon EF Mount Conversion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: