conurus Forum Index conurus
smart adapters and lens mount conversions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CZ 24-85 with EOS Film Bodies

Post new topic   Reply to topic    conurus Forum Index -> Contax N to Canon EF Mount Conversion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NealS

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:23 pm    Post subject: CZ 24-85 with EOS Film Bodies Reply with quote

A newbie question,

I am interested in having a 24-85 converted to EOS mount. However, it is not clear if this will work with film bodies. I will be interested in using it with an A2E, EOS 1N in addition a 5D digital.

Thanks in advance.
darekd

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:02 pm    Post subject: N with 7E film camera Reply with quote

Hi,
FIY With my elan 7e lenses contax N 70-300mm, contax N 24-85mm and contax 100mm don't work. Lens is not recognized and apperture and AF don't work. I don't have any other canon film cameras.
Thanks
Darek
romanoff

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: CZ 24-85 with EOS Film Bodies Reply with quote

NealS wrote:
A newbie question,

I am interested in having a 24-85 converted to EOS mount. However, it is not clear if this will work with film bodies. I will be interested in using it with an A2E, EOS 1N in addition a 5D digital.

Thanks in advance.
Very Happy My elan 7n it works (24- 85 mm)
jrn813

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every Thing Works Fine On My 1V ....
The Only Lens I Have Not Tested On The 1V, Is The 400mm f4 .... !

NealS

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies.

I must confess I am still confused. On the web site there is a remark to the effect that film body support will be withdrawn, and several models of film bodies are listed as not working with the 24-85 lens. Yet, from the posts above it seems that certain examples of the 7 work while other examples don't. Can anyone clarify what is going one?

Thanks in advance.
conurus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi NealS,

All converted Contax N lenses shipped so far is compatible with all Canon film camera bodies. However, we have the intention to withdraw film camera support in the future, because we will make changes to optimize for digital camera bodies. If film camera support is required, please affix a label on the lens saying "film" when you send your lens in for conversion. Thank you!

darekd

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: N with 7E film camera Reply with quote

darekd wrote:
Hi,
FIY With my elan 7e lenses contax N 70-300mm, contax N 24-85mm and contax 100mm don't work. Lens is not recognized and apperture and AF don't work. I don't have any other canon film cameras.
Thanks
Darek

Correction: after jiggling the lens it looks like all the lenses work with my 7E. So, I suspect that electronic contacts need cleaning on my camera [but camera works fine with canon lenses]. Sorry for confusion and I'm glad I can use the lenses on my 7E now.
Darek
YakovLeff

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:32 am    Post subject: Modern Planar 50/1.4 + Elan 7NE = Problem ??? Reply with quote

Hi, conurus!

If I plan to use the lens, which is sent to you to modify not only with digital cameras, but also with film cameras (eg, Elan 7NE (EOS 30V), which I have) - it will require some additional modifications of the lens?
Tell us more detail - the lenses of contemporary modifications to the principle does not work on film cameras, or some functionality is provided in all the same anyway?
If you remake a lens specifically for use with film cameras - it will limit its functionality with modern digital cameras (such as 40D/50D/60D & 7D & 5D/5DM2/5DM3) ???
I would like to be able to use the lens, which I sent to you for modification with film cameras (such as the Elan 7NE (EOS 30V) / Elan 7N (EOS 33V) & EOS 1V), but first I would like to know - what I have in this case sacrifice? Because, of course, more and more in recent photograph to digital cameras ...
Thanks in advance for your reply!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
conurus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the following lenses, the film and digital versions are the same
Vario-Sonnar 28-80
Vario-Sonnar 70-200
Planar 85/1.4
Makro-Sonnar 100/2.8
Tele-Apotessar 400/4
NAM-1

For these lenses, film and digital versions are different, starting in 2010. The film version may or may not work on a digital body. The digital version should not be used on a film body at all (even though it may appear to work).
Vario-Sonnar 17-35
Vario-Sonnar 24-85
Vario-Sonnar 70-300
Planar 50/1.4

In a nutshell, there was a design change in 2010 to increase autofocus reliability for the above 4 lenses, but some film camera bodies may not be able to cope with the increased current consumption. If you order the film version it would use the previous 2006 design. For details about the 2010 design change, please review this topic:

http://conurus.com/forum/new-third-generation-conurus-circuit-board-t517.html

YakovLeff

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

conurus

Thank you for your comprehensive answer!
In this case, I certainly would prefer a digital version of the modification.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    conurus Forum Index -> Contax N to Canon EF Mount Conversion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: