conurus Forum Index conurus
smart adapters and lens mount conversions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Conurus: Best way to maintain a Conurus lens?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    conurus Forum Index -> Contax N to Canon EF Mount Conversion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AX-fan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:45 am    Post subject: Conurus: Best way to maintain a Conurus lens? Reply with quote

With the upcoming 'deadline' next year of Contax's official termination of long term support for their Contax AF N/645 lenses, the critical questions are:

1) what to do if the lens fails after the March 2015 deadline

and

2) What can we do as N-series/645-series lens owners to maintain a good working condition of our lenses.

To my way of thinking we have few if any solutions to (1) other than hope someone else takes over the business of fixing Kyocera/Contax lenses.

As for 2, I do recall reading in these forums that some of the lubricants used in these lenses need 'regular' use in order to be 'good' and that it is possible to 'rescue' a lens with stiff gearing etc. by careful working in of the lens's physical aspects (zoom/af focussing etc).

Is this still the case re: lubricant? What are Conurus's/BoMing's suggestions?
lam

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really love zeiss and I love contax N lenses.
I always store them in dry cabinet with proper humidity and temperature all the time when they came back from works but very sad for my N100, it's nearly dead but never-mind I can live with manual focus My N24-85 had been pour in rain and AF dead, now I'm need new N24-85 to replace.
I notice that my N400 had perform little slower than 3 years before compare to former 1DsIII vs 1DX now and former 7D vs 6D now, but very very strange for EOS1V with booster that bring me a fastest AF for all lenses. I think the main reason is voltage/ampere combine with AF system in each camera body.

My N50 N85 N70-200 N400 are still performed very good AF.
I think CONURUS will hand on after 2015 if we ask him... Bo-Ming please.

Leon Liew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My N24-85mm was sent in for repairs because of dead AF. Hopefully after
repairs it will give me more years with my 5DMKIII. Hope equally all my Zeiss N lens - N28-80mm , N50 and N70-200mm will have longevity.

Simply love Zeiss Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    conurus Forum Index -> Contax N to Canon EF Mount Conversion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: