conurus Forum Index conurus
smart adapters and lens mount conversions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Contax N* to Nikon mount?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    conurus Forum Index -> Contax N to Canon EF Mount Conversion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bill R

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 5:07 am    Post subject: Contax N* to Nikon mount? Reply with quote

I have a fairly complete of Contax N* and 645 camera/lens, which I dearly love. However, I'm shooting mainly digital now and would like to continue to use these great lens. If not, I may soon sell all this equipment on eBay.

Unfortunately for this goal of using my Contax lens, all my digital equipment is Nikon (D2x, D200, maybe a D3 soon). Am aware that Conurus does the adapter for Canons. But, is Conurus developing any way to adapt these Contax N* lens to a Nikon mount? If not, does anyone know if there's anyway to accomplish this?
conurus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for joining us!

Our current roadmap is

• Conversions for Planar 50/1.4, 400/4 Tele-Apotessar, 70-200/3.5-4.5 and 28-80/3.5-5.6, thereby finishing the entire N mount line-up, and
  • Contax 645 to Canon EF adapter

We have to stay focused on the above roadmap for the time being. As for what we will do after that, we have not yet decided. What we will do next will first and foremost depend on what is technically possible.

Bill R

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 12:31 am    Post subject: Contax N* lens to Nikon Mount Reply with quote

Thank you for your response. Although I'm disappointed in the answer, I appreciate your time to post it.

Also, out of curiosity, if you can make the Contax 35mm N* lens work on a Canon, wouldn't the Contax 645 lens also work just by using their very good/solid Contax 645-to-35 adapter -- assuming of course that they can still be found?

Thanks again. And, best of luck with your progress on enabling people to use these fantastic lens. (Maybe, if I'm lucky, it won't be long before I can use either the Contax/Zeiss or the Hasselblad/Zeiss 'V' lens on my Nikon.)
Bill R

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 12:38 am    Post subject: Contax lens Reply with quote

As a 'P.S.': If you hear of anyone interested in purchasing some Contax 35mm N* or 645 equipment, lens and accessories in Excellent+ condition, they should keep an eye on eBay. Since it looks like it'll be a long time before I can use on Nikon, and since we're relocating and I may need to reduce my collection of fine photography equipment bought over the years, I may be soon listing them there for sale.

Thanks, Bill
JohnLuoHD

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:38 am    Post subject: 16-9 forum review Reply with quote

in fact , 16-9 forum review found nikon new AF-s 14-24/2.8 are more sharper than contax N 17-35/2.8, so N-mount modify to nikon mount will be non-sense..
CP

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:08 pm    Post subject: Re: 16-9 forum review Reply with quote

JohnLuoHD wrote:
in fact , 16-9 forum review found nikon new AF-s 14-24/2.8 are more sharper than contax N 17-35/2.8, so N-mount modify to nikon mount will be non-sense..

Ha ha, the word "non-sense........"

If a good-looking photo just be determined by "sharpness" ....
Then, all the photo world will be much simpler la ...

However, in the heart of may L-guys, those 8-elements/7-elements are then more worst than asph la....but 7/8-elements are more reputable...sometimes, taste/feel are more important ga...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    conurus Forum Index -> Contax N to Canon EF Mount Conversion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: