conurus Forum Index conurus
smart adapters and lens mount conversions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Canon/NEX adapter doesn't work at all

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rweissman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:54 am    Post subject: Canon/NEX adapter doesn't work at all Reply with quote

I have three NEX cameras (5, 5N, 7) and the Canon EOS adapter doesn't control or even display aperture for any Canon lens when attached to any of my NEXes. It did, briefly, work once or twice, then ceased to function beyond what a dumb adapter would do (attach lens with no aperture control whatsoever). I have tried the adapter with 85 1.8, 200 f2.8. TSE 24 I, TSE 17, 24-70, and other canon lenses. It did work, briefly on my local store's NEX 3C, but nowhere else consistently. And my local store, a Canon high end shop, was gracious to verify that the adapter wouldn't work for them, either (even though I bought it online). This is an early, non-firmware-updated adapter. While I understand that the updating increases stability, does it turn a non-working adapter into a working one? All I see for aperture is F-- in the viewfinder. Firmware version is 00.

Should I go through the bother of sending the adapter in for updating or is it simply DOA, requiring repair or replacement>

And where in the US can I get the adapter updated, assuming that it is a firmware updating problem? In all the commentary I've read on firmware updating, no one has reported an inoperable adapter.
allebaug

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have the original version 00 firmware in your adapter and must return it to Metabones to be updated. There were a number of problems identified by early users and the new firmware resolves them, including the symptoms you've reported. I received my updated adapter last week, and all problems I had identified among my EF-mount lenses appear to have been corrected. There are no local sources or self-applied procedures available to apply the new firmware update. I was also refunded postage for the cost of returning the adapter.

Follow the instructions from this email message I received from Metabones early this month...
>>>>>

Please send me back again and arrange update, all the problems solved.

Please return to follows address;

Global Boom International Limited
Flat C, 6F, On Loong Factory Building, No 11-13 Luk Hop Street, San Po Kong, Kowloon, Hong Kong

<<<<<
Post new topic   Reply to topic    conurus Forum Index -> Sony NEX Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: