conurus Forum Index conurus
smart adapters and lens mount conversions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Broken Lens sent in 8 months ago Please advise !!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    conurus Forum Index -> Contax N to Canon EF Mount Conversion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jonathan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Broken Lens sent in 8 months ago Please advise !!! Reply with quote

I sent in a Zeiss 17-35 lens that had been converted by Conurus to fix the autofocus in January 2013. I received a note that the lens was received by Conurus on 2/19/2013. I have sent several e-mails trying to find out the status of my lens (last e-mail sent 8/26). I have not received any response from Conurus. I am deeply concerned about this lens. Is there a phone number or some other way to reach Conurus? According to the only response I got in February a full conversion could take 6 months. It has been 8 months without any update. Please advise; thanks.
EHRphoto

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Broken Lens sent in 8 months ago Please advise !!! Reply with quote

Jonathan wrote:
I sent in a Zeiss 17-35 lens that had been converted by Conurus to fix the autofocus in January 2013. I received a note that the lens was received by Conurus on 2/19/2013. I have sent several e-mails trying to find out the status of my lens (last e-mail sent 8/26). I have not received any response from Conurus. I am deeply concerned about this lens. Is there a phone number or some other way to reach Conurus? According to the only response I got in February a full conversion could take 6 months. It has been 8 months without any update. Please advise; thanks.

Mine was 100mm, sent for repair about 9 months ago. Same here, no response from Conurus.
I assume it is gone forever. Sad

Eddy Rahardja
Jonathan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:41 pm    Post subject: broken lens No reply from Conurus Reply with quote

I'm sorry to hear of your experience. i was supposed to bring this lens to Africa in a month to continue a landscape series on Africa shot with this lens. I will continue to try and reach out to Conurus. Maybe there is a legitimate reason he has not responded. If i do not hear back from him soon however I will seek other means of remediation. I am happy to be patient if required but I am not going to let a $2500 lens just dissapear. I would like to know where my lens is. I sent this lens in to Conurus in good faith. I expect to hear about the lens and I expect that it will be returned. I cna be reached at platypus4@mindspring.com
EHRphoto

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:14 am    Post subject: Re: broken lens No reply from Conurus Reply with quote

Jonathan wrote:
I'm sorry to hear of your experience. i was supposed to bring this lens to Africa in a month to continue a landscape series on Africa shot with this lens. I will continue to try and reach out to Conurus. Maybe there is a legitimate reason he has not responded. If i do not hear back from him soon however I will seek other means of remediation. I am happy to be patient if required but I am not going to let a $2500 lens just dissapear. I would like to know where my lens is. I sent this lens in to Conurus in good faith. I expect to hear about the lens and I expect that it will be returned. I cna be reached at platypus4@mindspring.com

Hi Jonathan,
I sent the 100mm lens to Conurus in good faith also. In fact it's not the first time. I had two lenses sent for firmware updates in the past and have no communication problem. And of course, they are returned safely.

But not this time!
I have just searched the documents. The lens was sent on January 11th (correction: it's eight months, not nine). The last email from Conurus was received on January 25th. And no reply to the email I sent on the same date. I tried to email Mr. Tong again on March 16th and have received no reply as well.

Like you also, I can be a patient customer. But when there is no reply to the emails sent, would you wait forever? I would not.
I have no idea if Mr. Tong is still in charge or if someone else is replacing him. Or perhaps he is too busy with Metabones?
It is painful to allow a treasured lens disappear. But enough is enough.

Sad

Eddy Rahardja
Jonathan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:35 am    Post subject: Missing lens Reply with quote

I am going to reach out to Metabone. maybe they know how to reach Conurus.
EHRphoto

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:52 am    Post subject: Re: Missing lens Reply with quote

Jonathan wrote:
I am going to reach out to Metabone. maybe they know how to reach Conurus.

Please do post here the result of contacting Metabones, Jonathan. So everyone is informed also. Idea
Thank you in advance. Smile

Eddy Rahardja
Leon Liew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Broken Lens send in 8 months ago. Please help !! Reply with quote

It is indeed alarming that there's no response from Conurus. Just hope
that all is well with him.Perhaps things are a changing in Conurus. Even
the home page have one missing image of a camera. Just hope that all my
converted lens will last given such a situation now.
lam

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, It's sound strange that I sent him massage and no reply too.
Hope that he would be fine and keep be better and better.

amhlee

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same as me, send in some lenses in February and no rely at the moment. just keep inform
AX-fan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conurus is still around. I have made contact a couple of weeks ago on account of my own concern wrt one of my own lenses.

Conurus has not run away with our lenses.

My impression is that there is a backlog that is being attended to at the expense of prompt replies to online interactions with customers.

Having dealt with Conurus for quite a few years while my own lenses were being converted, I have faith that the lenses are still in good (albeit quiet) hands.

Note: I am not speaking for Conurus, nor have I ever been an employee or related to Conurus in any way except as a customer.
conurus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me first apologize to everyone for the poor service and lack of response. Sales has been dwindling at Conurus and we have been seeing a steady decline. This is not unexpected but I think those who wanted to convert Contax N lenses have already done so a couple of years ago, but we do have to downsize a bit and let go some of our staff (all of them were part-timers, we have never been big enough to support even a single full time job throughout our entire existence). This means I am pretty much the only one left, and I had to do other work to support myself and my family, and to subsidize this mount conversion service. I have been working continuously very late every night and I didn't even have time to have meals or go to the bathroom (seriously!), working so hard so that I am able to keep Conurus afloat. I am perfectly willing to run Conurus at a loss just to serve the Contax N and 645 community, but if I over-extend myself and run into serious health problems - well I have only one life and I have only got 24 hours a day. I am sorry to all of you, I beg your forgivance and I hope you would give me some slack. If I am able to do one thing at a time without interruptions I will be able to work on your lenses more quickly, but if I am distracted all the time I would be doing only errands but get no real work done. Thank you very much for your understanding!!!
lam

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks my friend to let us know.
God bless you and I wish you well.

EHRphoto

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

conurus wrote:
Let me first apologize to everyone for the poor service and lack of response. Sales has been dwindling at Conurus and we have been seeing a steady decline. This is not unexpected but I think those who wanted to convert Contax N lenses have already done so a couple of years ago, but we do have to downsize a bit and let go some of our staff (all of them were part-timers, we have never been big enough to support even a single full time job throughout our entire existence). This means I am pretty much the only one left, and I had to do other work to support myself and my family, and to subsidize this mount conversion service. I have been working continuously very late every night and I didn't even have time to have meals or go to the bathroom (seriously!), working so hard so that I am able to keep Conurus afloat. I am perfectly willing to run Conurus at a loss just to serve the Contax N and 645 community, but if I over-extend myself and run into serious health problems - well I have only one life and I have only got 24 hours a day. I am sorry to all of you, I beg your forgivance and I hope you would give me some slack. If I am able to do one thing at a time without interruptions I will be able to work on your lenses more quickly, but if I am distracted all the time I would be doing only errands but get no real work done. Thank you very much for your understanding!!!

Proof it! Neutral

Eddy Rahardja
conurus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry but I owe you a 100/2.8. Will work on it, if I can focus on the work without distractions.
Leon Liew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As at this moment I do not have any lens with Conurus it's quite easy for me
to be at ease in this situation and I feel for the rest of you guys with
your lens sent in for repairs and there was no response from Conurus after
repeated emails and such.

And going by his latest email reply I sensed that what he is saying is
true and genuine. We must indeed give Bo-Ming the credit for giving
us Contax Zeiss lens lover hope by bring a new lease of life for the
Zeiss lens by his outstanding conversion work. I for one was elated
that Zeiss lens has a new life in this digital era and if not for Conurus
am still shooting film with my Contax system.

Guess he did it out of passion and as a hobbyist likes to share his findings and is not out to scam us. So be patient and cut him some
slack and let him finished the outstanding just my 2 cents.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    conurus Forum Index -> Contax N to Canon EF Mount Conversion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: