conurus Forum Index conurus
smart adapters and lens mount conversions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone with a 5D mk II?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    conurus Forum Index -> Contax N to Canon EF Mount Conversion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Does your converted Contax N lens work on your 5D2?
Yes
91%
 91%  [ 11 ]
No
8%
 8%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 12

sinportjen

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received my converted 24-85 earlier this week. It works very well
with my 5d mk2. I will do more pictures this weekend.

Thanks Bo-Ming!

-- Allan
doctorb

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just tried my 17-35, 24-85, 100 Makro and 70-300. They all work the same as they did on the 5D.
shokunin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 17-35 works as expected on the 5D MK II, focus is bit off, but that can adjusted..
Y M WAN

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 17-35 works fine on 5D Mk II.
conurus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your reports! They help diagnose what the real problem was.

Lenses purchased on the used market vary greatly in condition and customers are advised to purchase only from reputable sources.

Before we service your 24-85 we use this procedure to test the lens: mount the lens, with the front cap on, on a Contax N1 or NX and activate autofocus. The camera should emit the AF assist light in vain and the lens will hunt one full cycle to closest focusing distance and back to infinity. Verify if the lens does the hunting over the entire focusing range from infinity to closest focusing distance.

If your lens fails this test we attempt to fix it with any or all of the following as appropriate: replacing the ultrasonic motor, lubricating key autofocus parts and replacing worn-out/out-of-spec parts. If all these fail the lens will have to be forwarded to Contax Japan for repair.

After conversion we use a camera body with an unusually low voltage to test your lens so that it will work on a wide range of camera bodies. We also offer a one-year warranty on the ultrasonic motor.

I would like to clarify my earlier comment about the camera voltage. That was only my conjecture which by now is rejected in light of the new findings. There exists no evidence for the 5D mark II as a group to be any different from previous EOS DSLRs in terms of the lens interface. (I regrettably made a premature comment which only caused confusion and to this I apologize.)

[Further clarification: we do not have the parts or expertise required to service the 85/1.4, 100/2.8, 400/4, 28-80 and 70-200 because they are NOT equipped with ultrasonic motors. Please have them serviced by Contax. Only the 24-85, 70-300, 17-35 and 50/1.4 are equipped with ultrasonic motors.]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    conurus Forum Index -> Contax N to Canon EF Mount Conversion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: