conurus Forum Index conurus
smart adapters and lens mount conversions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

24-85 Focus issues HELP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    conurus Forum Index -> Contax N to Canon EF Mount Conversion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
guyharrisonphoto

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:40 am    Post subject: 24-85 Focus issues HELP Reply with quote

HI, I have a 24-85mm that was converted in 2010. Serial 12715500. It has always worked faultlessly on my 5DII right up until a few days ago. I sold it and the buyer has tried it on a 1-DX and 1-DIV and says that it won't focus. The green focus light flickers but the lens won't move. Manual focus is fine and gets focus confirmation. It communicates with his camera bodies otherwise. I checked it on my 5DII right before I shipped it and it worked fine.

Is there a need for a firmware update to work with new canon bodies? Or, do I need to send it in to be checked?

Thanks!
Leon Liew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably AF have failed. That was exactly what happened to mine but have since been fixed and returned from Conurus. Better send in for repairs.
guyharrisonphoto

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for prompt reply, Conurus! Lens is on its way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    conurus Forum Index -> Contax N to Canon EF Mount Conversion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: