conurus Forum Index conurus
smart adapters and lens mount conversions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

17-35 wont autofocus anymore

Post new topic   Reply to topic    conurus Forum Index -> Contax N to Canon EF Mount Conversion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigtreephoto

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:13 am    Post subject: 17-35 wont autofocus anymore Reply with quote

Shocked bo ming. my 17-35mm wont autofocus anymore. i am running it on my 1ds3 and all my other lenses autofocus fine. i switched to all the different iris click stops and nothing. the lens does make a whining sound when i try to autofocus. i purchased from rich at photo village about two years old. i am coming to vancouver sept. 6. can i drop it off some where for you to look at?

thanks, d.t. 310-386-4648
conurus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep absolutely. September 6 is the labour day holiday so I would be more than happy to collect your lens near the airport and take a look. Will you be staying for only 1 day?
bigtreephoto

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:05 am    Post subject: stay Reply with quote

thank you bo ming . i did not see your reply at first. please ignore second request. i will be driving over border at douglas peace arch in to vancouver late on the sixth. i am staying until about dec. 15. would love to get lens to you before your travels start as i could use the lens for current production shooting in vancouver.

thanks
david 310-386-4648
bigtreephoto

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:02 am    Post subject: in town Reply with quote

bo ming, i am in vancouver now and am working at bridge studios on boundary road this week. please let me know best way to meet up with you to get lens repaired. thank you. david taylor 310-386-4648
bigtreephoto

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:11 am    Post subject: lens not focus Reply with quote

I AM NOT REAL HAPPY . ONE JOB AFTER THE FIX AND NO MORE AUTO FOCUS. I KNOW YOU HAD THE LENS FOR ALL OF OCT AND NOV. AND WERE CONFIDENT OF A FIX. I GOT NO AUTO FOCUS, AGAIN.

D.T. Crying or Very sad
conurus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Last September, we replaced the ultrasonic motor of your lens, free of charge, even though the ultrasonic motor warranty we offered had expired a long time ago. (You were not the original purchaser but the original purchaser dealt with us several years ago.) We are sorry that the AF failed again within a year but this makes me conclude that maybe the ultrasonic motor is not the source of the problem but rather something wrong with the gear train. Let's refer this to Contax Japan for service, since only them have the necessary gearbox parts.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    conurus Forum Index -> Contax N to Canon EF Mount Conversion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: