conurus Forum Index conurus
smart adapters and lens mount conversions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

100 makro dust?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    conurus Forum Index -> Contax N to Canon EF Mount Conversion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mwtphoto

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:01 pm    Post subject: 100 makro dust? Reply with quote

Does anyone have any experience with dust in their 100 macro? when i put the lens on full macro and peer through the front i am seeing what looks like 5 or 6 small hair like objects. they appear to be on the inside of the rear element. my question is two fold. one isn't it strange for a prime lens to suck in dust and two how do i tell if the objects will affect my images. (i.e. any test that I could do to persuade me to get my lens cleaned or otherwise.)

thanks for your time and input.
Mark
conurus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, the Makro Sonnar 100/2.8 accumulate dust inside rather easily. I have owned several copies and half of them have dust specks inside.
mwtphoto

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has the dust ever affected your photos? do you think it is worth getting it cleaned.

thanks
conurus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I have never worried about them. Even with diffraction effects caused by a couple of dust specks it is still way sharper than every other lens in the N-mount line-up. Also I notice that the dust may go away on its own on some occasions - much like they come into the lens on their own.
mwtphoto

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice Bo-Mingh. My sister in-law makes her own jewelry and I am going to photograph some of her product. I will look for any signs of the dust in the photos. If all is well I will leave well enough alone.

Normally I am not concerned about dust in lenses but I am not sure if it is a problem when doing macro work.

Thanks
Mark
Post new topic   Reply to topic    conurus Forum Index -> Contax N to Canon EF Mount Conversion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: