conurus Forum Index conurus
smart adapters and lens mount conversions

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

100/2.8 Makro Dead AF

Post new topic   Reply to topic    conurus Forum Index -> Contax N to Canon EF Mount Conversion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doctorb

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:12 am    Post subject: 100/2.8 Makro Dead AF Reply with quote

My prize N just had a premature and unexpected AF motor death (at least that's what I think it is). Anyhow, when I gently rock the lens I hear something that sounds loose inside, but I'm not sure that is just some normal play in something. Anyone else care to gently shake their 100 and see if it makes any sound?

(Bo-Ming, I know you are more than busy. When might be a good time to send this gem in for a heart transplant?)

Thanks All

(And thank you John for the 85/1.4, Sweet....very sweet).
conurus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary, sorry to hear about your 100/2.8's demise. We could deconvert your lens and forward it to Contax Japan, but unfortunately we do not have the expertise to service the 100/2.8 in-house at this point.

(We know the 17-35, 24-85, 28-80, 70-300 and 50/1.4 very well, but not the others. We will explore the 70-200 soon as I do have a couple of dead samples sitting with me. We have never seen or heard about a dead 400/4 or 85/1.4, either because they are very reliable, or because they are very rare.)

Thank you for your consideration! Please just send the lens in using our address label. I was actually expecting to have some free time over the next couple of months while waiting for my newly designed circuit boards to get manufactured.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    conurus Forum Index -> Contax N to Canon EF Mount Conversion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: