- No modification necessary. The adapter will be an off-the-shelf product that you just plug-and-play. No hassle of shipping lenses around.
- For the price of one modification service, you will get an adapter which works with all Contax N mount lenses, and if you add the Contax NAM-1 adapter, all Contax 645 lenses as well.
- With Sony A7RII and A7II, phase-detect autofocus speed of Contax lenses will be the same as the same lens on Canon.
- With Sony A7RII and A7II, phase-detect autofocus of Contax lenses will have better accuracy than on Canon.
- With Sony A7 Mark II series, 5-axis in-body image stabilization is a much-needed compliment to Contax N and 645 lenses, none of which have optical image stabilization. No Canon camera body offers IBIS, and that is not expected to change in the foreseeable future.
- The adapter will have user-upgradable firmware, which you just download and install via a micro USB cord. Firmware update of a Conurus-modified lens is by factory service only.
In short, you will get your Contax lenses ready more quickly and more economically, and they will work better. I am only saying "what if". I am unable to discuss what those two words mean.
We have been working on Contax N lenses for almost 10 years. It is very time consuming and labour intensive to turn every screw and solder every wire for each and every lens modified. From a business standpoint, a mass-produced adapter saves everyone precious time, and resources can thus be freed up and diverted to improve workmanship, reliability and customer support.
Bo-Ming Tong Vancouver, Canada